• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Looking for a good sauce

Hi folks, I'm pretty much unfamiliar when it comes to hot sauces and that's why I'm doing this. Anyways I'm looking for a good sauce that of course has a good taste to it. I'm NOT looking to burn my face off here,, as the idea is half taste /half heat. I'm thinking somewhere between 100,000-350,000 SHU. Got any suggestions? Pls feel free to list. Thanks! :)

Hi Megahot! I see you are also a Washingtonian. Some sauces that I really like are: Blair's Sweet Mango Death Sauce, Texas Creek Sauces, Heartbreaking Dawns, KneppersPeppers sauces, and my sauce from Davez Foodz. Hope this helps!

Also, if you're a hot wing lover, Defcon sauces are awesome!

Hi Megahot! I see you are also a Washingtonian. Some sauces that I really like are: Blair's Sweet Mango Death Sauce, Texas Creek Sauces, Heartbreaking Dawns, KneppersPeppers sauces, and my sauce from Davez Foodz. Hope this helps!

Also, if you're a hot wing lover, Defcon sauces are awesome!

Cool! Thank you! I will have to try some. Where's a good place to buy from?

Ok, I'm going to shamelessly whore myself out and recommend some of my sauces as well. The B3 (B-cubed) is probably about the heat level you are looking for but we've got other goodies that would be right up your alley!!! Our website is still under construction but it will redirect you to our Facebook page. Any questions, feel free to PM me.

Also, I do highly recommend Heartbreaking Dawns and Kneppers Peppers!

busha brown's pukka. its made in jamican from scotch bonnets. it is the best flavor i have found i use it on anything its my favorite sauce by far.

You can buy Blair's and Heartbreaking Dawns sauces at Double DD Meats in Mountlake Terrace, WA or at their websites. For Texas Creek, you can go to SalsaLady's site http://www.texascreekproducts.com. For KneppersPeppers, you can go to Justaguy's site http://knepperspeppers.com. For my sauce which is a mild-medium sauce, send me a message.

There are a ton of GREAT sauces, many of them are from members here in THP.

Heart Breaking Dawns is great stuff. I have their chocolate habanero sauce it really doesnt have any heat but a ton of flavor. Blairs After Death is one of my favorites, thats a habanero and I think cayenne pepper based, it hits around 50,000K scovilles but honestly it seems as hot as a habanero to me. I have thee heart breaking dawns sauces that arrived today I will let you know on those. The Chilli Pepper Company's Heart Throb is great and uses a tasteless extract.

Redtail you make a pretty whore. Just kidding bro. Going to have to get me a bottle of that B3. Maybe a trade for some Seventh Circle???

DuvallDavez Sweet Spicy Girl screams spaghetti sauce and yummmm on a truly pleasant medium level.

Com'on just burn your face off.....you know you want too..... :mouthonfire: lol. Knepper's Peppers has a Pineapple Habanero sauce that is out of this world and the price is right. I got the Piney Hab Extreme but I'm sure the non-extreme is right down your alley.

We really like Sweet Spicy Girl (DuvallDave) and Habermelon (justaguy). Have not had the pleasure of trying Redtail's sauces yet, but they are getting good comments along with Rocketman's.

Busha Browne's Pukka Hot Sauce is not bad... but to me it was a bit vinegary and that took away from the flavour... it isn't very hot either... I found it more in the franks extra red hot range for heat.... but it is in all the supermarkets around here... I'm also not a fan of sauces that includeSodium Benzoate and Sodium Metabisulphate... I am pretty sure that changed the taste for me

Anyway.. If you like the Scotch Bonnet sauces Melindas was pretty good... and a much nicer sauce than that Pukka sauce...

Papa Sparrow's West Indian Hot Sauce is another good scotch bonnet sauce... but probably harder to get outside Canada... I believe the Hatari Brothers make it

busha brown's pukka. its made in jamican from scotch bonnets. it is the best flavor i have found i use it on anything its my favorite sauce by far.

As far as the sauces go... I have to agree with the rest on Knepper's peppers....killer stuff...

The Marie Sharps sauces are also very good (good gateway sauce as they let you build up to the hotter sauces while having good flavour)

Trini Mike's sauces look good too... I keep meaning to get his other ones... I only tried Trini Mike's Original Flavor....however I did really like it.... I went through a ton of it on roast ham...

Will also vouch for Texas Creek and Knepper's Peppers. Have some of HBD, but have not tried them yet. Mad Dog, Blairs, Ring Of Fire, Mad Anthonys, CaJohns are also very tasty.

Check out the THPA winners. Lots of great stuff this year.

wel ll then kneppers send me one of everything,also i never said busha was hot ,,,,,i said it tasted great .if you want to add heat to your food chop up freash pods,or add powder..... sauce is suppose to taste good.

Yeah it doesn't taste bad... but I tend to taste some chemicals more than some people... for instance Red dye in some candies like smarties (not sure if they are in the USA but like M&Ms) taste bitter to me... and something about the Sodium Benzoate in some sauces just take odd to me... but even that considered it isn't bad heat or otherwise...

If you get the Kneppers sauces... you have to also pick up a pint of some good natural vanilla ice cream (not the fake stuff) I put the Tongue Wrapper blueberry pepper sauce on it and it was damn good... the ice cream tamed the heat a bit too... so I ended up going through 1/3 to 1/2 of a bottle in 1 sitting... YIKES!... but as it was on ice cream I didn't have a problem with the heat that night.... although I did get a bit of spincter burn the next day due to overconsumption :fireball: hahaha

wel ll then kneppers send me one of everything,also i never said busha was hot ,,,,,i said it tasted great .if you want to add heat to your food chop up freash pods,or add powder..... sauce is suppose to taste good.

Back