• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Looking for GREAT hot sauce?

I am looking for a really good hot sauce. I recently bought some Heartbreaking Dawns 1498 scorpion sauce and some Crazy Good fruit of the gods ghost sauce and really like these but want more!! I hate extract sauce don't like the taste so if anyone can recommended a great sauce please let me know.

lucky dog hot sauce is very hard to beat.  redhawks ground for divorce  is awesome. texas creek worshire is insane. intensity academy has stupid good stuff.    those are just some of my favorites.

if you want a wing sauce you have to try defcons. best wing sauce ever.

Yep ^ Lucky Dog does make some good sauces and Salsalady's worcheshire is good although I don't know if that falls under sauce as most think of it.

Redtailforrester's(redhawk) line is tasty. There are many people on here making quite public friendly sauces.

Justaguy said:
Yep ^ Lucky Dog does make some good sauces and Salsalady's worcheshire is good although I don't know if that falls under sauce as most think of it.

Redtailforrester's(redhawk) line is tasty. There are many people on here making quite public friendly sauces.
ive heard nothing but good things about your sauce,ive just never had any. 
i agree about the worchesire but i can use that stuff on any thing i cook. and its the best for bloody marys

Justaguy's PineyHab is excellent & I love the Habermelon!

Redhawk Premium's Grounds For Divorce XXX is fantastic, Texas Creek's hot sauces & Chipotle BBQ sauce are excellent too. And in addition to great wing sauce, DEFCON makes the best Horseradishes I've ever had.

not sure how you can ever get any better than (and in no particular order):

Lucky Dog
Knepper's Peppers
Defcon
Texas Creek
Redhawk
Heartbreaking Dawns

... and my own personal favorite for a mild, but very flavorful sauce:  Duvall Dave's.

Well done by all.

Sethsquatch said:
High River Sauces Tears of the Sun .
Seconded. One of my favorites - it's basically liquid crack. If you like tangy Hab sauces, this is top of the mark. Love this sauce & Steve Seabury is a cool dude to boot, who's really doing a lot for the industry.
rebelgrower3 said:
Ok seems Lucky Dog is very popular along with Redhawk so I will try these first.
Check your PMs.
:cheers:

Another great company is Race City SauceWorks. If you like snappy Louisiana style sauces his Carolina Cayenne is fantastic. He's also got some awesome taco sauces & spicy chocolate drinks that are insanely good. Chad Lowcock is a tremendous saucemaker.

I have to say that it's a real honor to be included on so many of your lists for a sauce topic with "great" in the title, and along side so many sauces that I consider great.

14 months ago I had some prototypes and a pipe dream. THP-ers really helped to get me that last mile with feedback, information and generosity of time.

Thanks for the support guys, it really means a lot to me.

-------------------------------------------

Sappiness aside & back to the sauces, I also second Heartbreaking Dawn's sauces - Johnny makes tremendous sauces. Heat + flavor and an amazing line of products. The 1498 is my favorite, though it's borderline too hot for me. I think they're very fairly priced as well. 

You won't be disappointed with LDHS.  He focuses more on flavor, and complimenting food than heat and overwhelming dishes.  Don't expect a super-intense burn, but definitely expect one of the best hot sauces you will ever taste.  If you require more heat, without the extract taste, try adding a drop or two of pure evil.  I eat LDHS on just about everything.  A lot of my non-chili head friends will even ask me if I have any of that 'lucky dog sauce'.  It is just amazing.  It really livens up dishes, and doesn't kill the flavor of the food that you have slaved over to prepare.  I can't say enough about it.

Many of the others mentioned here are excellent as well.  I have a fridge stocked with hot sauce made by many members of this site.  There is such a wide variety of great sauces available from these guys... just make a list, and start working your way through them!  :)

Back