wanted looking for pepper seeds :)- Plus introduction

First off please excuse that this is my first post in the forum! I would love to start a variety of pepper plants. I have a wide selection of environments to choose from full sun to shade and a cooled greenhouse. I am skilled at working with plants from seed and mainly use organic soil adatives wich if used correctly can make for some wild reactions from the plants.
Thankfully I do have something to trade seed wise! I have what I suspect to be a chili tepin growing to the top of a 6 ft fence. I can post pics to confirm pepper if interested.Plant is currently 3 yrs old is very large and gets so loaded with the tiny pea size peppers that if it wasnt supported by the fence it would destroy itself. I have germinated the seeds im offering in the last three weeks so they are viable.
My name is Gordon and I live in Bakersfield CA north of LA 100 miles. I am dissabled( not that thats anything its just a fact ) with Ehlers Danlos wich makes me the rubber man in the circus. A big part of my day is dedicated to all the plants we have on the property.
I have grown tepins for about 8 yrs now and just love how easy it is to keep them around the house due to the birds spreading them around. I also seed about 50 a year so I have plenty to give away to those who want them. I am determined to grow the largest tepin possible this year wich should make for a nightmare to harvest.
I only use organics wich my family and I buy in 50 lb bags when available.I have also composted and built up my soils for decades so I really love tending garden! I am always planting something around the neighborhood
I have spent god knows how many hours trying to figure out wich peppers I would like to grow this year but its hard to select wich ones when each time you come across a new variety all you think is "yea yea that one too"!LOL I would love to grow the hottest varieties and ay other of the tepins that I dont have.
I will post a list of seeds of non peppers along with my tepins that I will send in trade. Of course next year I will have a ton more seeds to trade.
Anyone interested in sending me seeds let me know and I'll send my add.
Thanks a bunch
Gordon

Welcome Gordon, I'm. Glad you found this place. Lots of good people here. I am currently a few months away from having peppers to save seeds from. PM your address and I will be happy to share shortly. I imagine out there you probably grow year round.

:welcome: Gordon!

Sounds like you might know a thing or two about organic gardening... I am ready to learn. :D Organic gardening has really been catching my attention lately.

Are you looking for seeds that have been saved from organically grown peppers or any seeds will do at this point and you plan to grow them organically? I did save some seeds from organically grown Jalapenos that I scored from the local organic markets a couple years back....

Hey Gordon;

We are glad to have you aboard my friend, lot of good peeps here! I am real partial to Tepins myself. I have a real nice Tepin hybrid I could spare a few seeds for you from. I guess I ain't all that organic but I only use GH, 3 part Nutz with awesome results. PM me your addy and I will send you a few...of my hybrid Tepins for some original Tepins seeing as how my ex killed my original bb-size Tepins...haha

Be well

Hey there Gordon, :welcome: from Vegas. I don't have any super-hots but have a decent variety of seeds I could spare a few.

If you like, I can send you a list of what I have :).

I've always had a difficult time germinating tepins, but I would love to have a pepper plant that attracts the birds, and spreads peppers into the forest.

I recently planted some peppers on an island, and in the neighboring woods (Scotch Bonnet).

Hey howdy from Florida!! :welcome:

Hopefully in a couple of months, I should have a fairly decent selection to trade from... will check back laters :)

:welcome:Greetings from North Carolina !

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]“The taste is followed by a vicious hot spicy bite……[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]" [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] :onfire:[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background]

Thank you so much for the replies and first off let me apologise for the introduction in the seeds section. I will be posting a more normal intro in the near futurre in the rite section with pics of my yard I will leave up for a day or two.
Let me find my camera today and I will taake some current pics of my tepins.
As far as my seed request goes I dont care if the seeds I recieve are organic or not. I use organic fertilisers because I focus on soil flora to make the happiest rootball possible. I am not anti- salt or metal-ion or chemical fertiliser. I just make shure if ever used in my yard it stays in a closed loop system so it doesnt enter the soil. Once used I will evaporate the solution that is left and then dispose of the leftover salts.
I have used some of GH's fert's in the past with some absolutly frightening results"Good that is:)"
I will be pm'ing many of you that replied tonight with my address.
Once again thanks so much for the kind replies! and I will move my intro talk over to the intro section :)
Mookie

Back