wanted Looking for Piri Piri (African Birds Eye) Seeds

Hi there!

First time grower here.. Just remembered an episode of No Reservations I watched, where the host went to Mozambique and had Piri Piri Chicken. I really wan to make a variation of this, but don't have any Piri Piri peppers (African Birds Eye).

Perhaps someone would be willing to offer some piri piri seeds via SASBE?

which one?? are you looking for the Devil which is a little larger and looks like tabasco or are you looking for the Diablito "little devil" which is the small one?

pm me i have both

thanks your friend Joe

I have a few seeds if you're interested. The parent pod was smuggled into Canada from Kenya, taped to a friends leg :)

Just gotta say too, this pepper is mean. Less 'hot' than a Hab but it's tends to burn more, and for way longer. Like feels like there's blisters in my throat...

Are you allowed to send seeds to The US? I don't want anyone getting in trouble. How did send me a whole bunch of dried pods, Ill prolly get those up and running come feb/mar

There are several bird peppers from Africa that are somewhat similar.

For instance I have a few -

Xia Xia(Mosambique) , Zimbabwe Bird , Piri Piri (Zimbabwe) , African Bird/Pequin , African bird red , African bird orange and a few more I can't think of right now.

I think some of them might be the same pepper but named different because of where it is grown...Landrace varieties or whatever.

Similar to the different nagas/Bhuts etc. in India.

Sending seeds to or from the U.S. works most of the time.
It depends on what side of the bed the customs inspector got out on.
In close to 20 yrs. I've only had a couple seeds confiscated and they were taken by the ILL. customs people.
Chicago I think it was...

San Francisco lets small amounts through,or so it seems.
There is a gray area as to whether a home gardener needs a certificate from the dept. of agriculture to import seeds.

I am looking for some piri piri for my african friend ....I have some trinidad cherry and red seven to trade

Back