• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Looking for SUNGOLD tomatoes seeds!

Need help!!, I have been looking for these for awhile with no luck.
I thought I might try here !
I have plenty of chilli seed to trade ;)

this is them:
41h4JXJ8LkL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Thanks Potawie, Great site but I cant import tomato seeds :(

I did not realize they were hybrids. So I guess I will keep hunting for a true supplier.

I will make an order see how i go. I know if they get caught by customs they will not let them through.

Thanks again !

I tried an open pollinated(de-hybridized) version of sungold this season but I didn't like them as much as the hybrid type, so I'll be buying seeds again this winter. If you're still looking for seeds at that time let me know and I'll order some to send your way.

Potawie has posted since I started typing, but if you're still looking for a supplier try: http://www.nickys-nursery.co.uk/

They will ship to Australia, and from what I'm told by my Aussie friends the vast majority of orders make it through customs. I shop with them regulary & have always found their customer service to be excellent; it might be worth emailing them for advice.

Back to the tomatoes, look at Sungella if you want a non-hybrid that you can save seed from; it has a similar taste to Sungold, but is larger, around golf ball size.

Good luck on your quest. :)

Thanks a heap Potawie, I will see how I go :)

:welcome: to the forum Sholls, thanks for advise! if I can find em ill grow them as I looovvveee the taste. Are they productive ?

Hi chilliman, thanks for the welcome.

I've never grown Sungella, only sampled other people's efforts; however, Sungold has always been an excellent performer for me, even outside, in Scotland. ;)

Do you guys have splitting problems? Sungold is known for cracking like crazy, at least here anyways. I grew them for two years and lost more to splitting than I ate. I finally gave up on 'em.

Sholls, do you know if Sungella has cracking problems? I do love the taste of Sungold and would like to find a replacement.

:onfire: Hippie has a few for me ! THANKS REV, see you TUE for NAga meat pies ! !

Sholls said:
Hi chilliman, thanks for the welcome.

I've never grown Sungella, only sampled other people's efforts; however, Sungold has always been an excellent performer for me, even outside, in Scotland. ;)

Thanks for info, I will have a look for em !

DownRiver said:
Do you guys have splitting problems? Sungold is known for cracking like crazy, at least here anyways. I grew them for two years and lost more to splitting than I ate. I finally gave up on 'em.

Sholls, do you know if Sungella has cracking problems? I do love the taste of Sungold and would like to find a replacement.

I never got cracking problems that were noticeable, was it your weather do you think ?
There are some tomato people here hopefully they will chime in on this one.

I have grown lots of cherry tomatoes with cracking problems but the sungolds have never been a problem for me personally

I've always believed cracking occurs when a relatively dry plant is deluged with water, which is why I water little and often.

The only tomatoes that have ever cracked on me are beefsteaks, but we don't really experience extremes in temperature in my neck of the woods, so controlling the moisture levels in the soil is pretty straightforward. (That said, I'll probably cobble together some sort of drip irrigation system before next year too make life easier.)

Back