wanted Looking for Wild Brazil pepper seeds

Christie...(chrissy?) Had bunches of Brazillian seeds. I haven't seen her around lately though.

She sent me some seeds, but I have sprouted all of them.

I sent her some , but I don't think they made it. I was going to try to send them again, but I never heard for sure if she got them or not and she hasn't been around.

I have some Wild Brazil pepper seeds I can send you. It's one of my favorite peppers, and one of the few that I grow every year.

Send me your address and I'll mail you some.

Alan

Mister_Al said:
I have some Wild Brazil pepper seeds I can send you. It's one of my favorite peppers, and one of the few that I grow every year.

Send me your address and I'll mail you some.

Alan

You've got mail thanks Mr. AL

90 days. Capsicum annuum. Plant produces heavy yields of ½" round hot peppers. Peppers are very hot and turn to a yellowish gold when mature. Plant has green stems, green leaves, and white flowers.
wildbrazilou5.jpg

so these are a brazilian wild version of the tepins?

The Wild Brazil that I grow is a C. Chinense cultivar. It has a great fruity/smokey flavor and is quite hot to be so small.

I found a web site (seed company) for reference if anybody is interested:

http://www.rainbowchiliseeds.com/catalog/i189.html

I've never ordered from them, they just turned up when I Googled "Wild Brazil Pepper."

And, yes, they are very much like the Cumari pepper. They may even be one in the same. But, that is just my opinion.

Alan

I was thinking (again), the ones I have growing that you sent have a chinense leaf so I was a little confused...all I know is they are gonna be big it seems...

I grew a plant on my back deck last year in a 20 gallon pot and it grew into a small shrub. It produced so many peppers that I just got tired of picking them. They do real well in any size container, but I can't say how big they may get if planted openly in the soil.

Alan

Mister_Al said:
The Wild Brazil that I grow is a C. Chinense cultivar. It has a great fruity/smokey flavor and is quite hot to be so small.
And, yes, they are very much like the Cumari pepper. They may even be one in the same. But, that is just my opinion.

Alan

I should have know better to quote anything from Reimers :oops:
http://www.reimerseeds.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=HP257-10

I saw them as a Chinense later when I was looking up other pictures.... I should have edited then to save face.

Back