• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Looking to explore new knowledge for the 2013 season!

Hey, everyone! I find that I lack frequency of visits here to the forum during the winter months. Other things occupy my time, and chilies kind of take the backseat as the plants are done. However, the life of a steadfast chilihead is never dormant! I still have my 9 overwinters from 2012 that I keep up on, and just finished putting some plant foods into my cart on Amazon! While doing so, I decided to look up compost tea. I remember Andy (Pulpiteer) and Todd (tmudder) talking a bit about compost teas. So, while assembling my arsenal a few minutes ago, I got a light bulb to look it up.

This year, I will be purchasing pre-made compost tea bags, as well as a book on how to do it myself. Familiarizing myself with utilizing it this year, and also how to do it myself in years to come, will give me the time to not be overwhelmed by another chunk of projects to tackle this year. Last year, I took on too much with 90+ pepper plants, at three locations, so I am looking for more manageable harvests this year! Anyway, I found this really cool book on Amazon that looks to be quite promising:

http://www.amazon.com/Compost-Tea-Making-Healthier-Vegetables/dp/1452822972/ref=lh_ni_t

Reviews are very favorable, and I hear from many people how great compost teas are for their plants. So, I will give it a try, in addition to my other eco-friendly plant foods from Botanicare and Espoma, and see where we are with my 30 pepper plants and other veggies this coming fall!

i was also looking into premade compost tea bags.. since i dont have a compost pile but i was planing on starting one this spring and that book does look pretty cool, someone told me about it before..

Back