• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Lookit what Mr. Courrier sent me yesterday..

Look what I received the other day.... I must admit I like Marie Sharps but Melinda's is OK... not quite as good a flavour and the seeds are bigger and harder... I never notice them in Marie Sharps products.. but I certainly go in Melindas...I got the Hatari Bro's Grandma Shiv's Red Hab sauce which is quite a bit hotter than Melindas Red Savina... which is underwhelmingly not hot... and Hatari Bro's Naga sauce is a bit hotter than Melindas too... both of which have a nicer flavour than Melindas... but they are all pretty good...no throwaways this time like Dave's Gourmet Anus-anity Sauce was the last time...

I couldn't decide what to get on top of my order so I got one of each... the free shipping and free bottle were nice too...... that and the fact that Uncle Big's Firey Foods (AKA Some Like it Hot) are in the same city, shipping is only a day :dance:

Oh.. That one in the water bottle in the back is part of a 1 gallon Jug of Belizean Heat I got and split with a co-worker... there is almost another one of those bottles in the fridge :lol:

HPIM1335.jpg

Yeah Marie Sharp's stuff got me hooked and the seeds that are in it are soft enough to not notice unless you are drinking it or something... even then I never noticed it in Ceasers (aka spicey Bloody Mary with Clamato instead of plain tomato juice)

Melindas seems a bit saltier and has harder, larger seeds so that kind of put me off.... but they are still quite good I just have to spit out the seeds more often.

The Marie Sharp's Nopal/Citrius/Green Hab one is good on fish but a bit mild for me now... the orange one is also quite good, I like it on chicken but it is also good on fish.... the rest... I put them on everything I can...

I went the way of the Gallon of Marie Sharp's Belizean Heat as it only cost $55 (way more than in Belize but not bad for almost 4 Liters up here especially if I factored in shipping to get it from Belize) and for that I can fill about 25.6 x 5oz bottles worth... that basically makes the 5 oz bottles cost about $2.15 instead of the $7-$8 per bottle it normally costs and when split with a friend it usually gets used up well before it loses that freshness.

Wow I have never had any of those but they sure do look tasty.

I just got Melinda's Naga Jalokia and Marie Sharps Belizean Heat last week. I have Melinda's Scotch Bonnet, The Red Savina, Melinda's Habanero Mango, and Melinda's Amarillo Hot Mustard on the way. Should have it by this weekend.

I got Marie Sharps Orange Pulp Habanero a month ago and just finished the bottle. I want to get the grapefruit pulp Habanero.

I didn't care for the grapefruit one as much... perhaps it is the bitterness of the grapefruit that comes out in it more than other citrus... it is still good but I liked the orange a bit better... it seemed like the grapefruit didn't go with as many foods...

I'm sure hoping Marie Sharp comes out with a couple hotter versions... I'd love to try her sauce made with Naga, Fatali, or some of the really hot Caribbean peppers

I just got Melinda's Naga Jalokia and Marie Sharps Belizean Heat last week. I have Melinda's Scotch Bonnet, The Red Savina, Melinda's Habanero Mango, and Melinda's Amarillo Hot Mustard on the way. Should have it by this weekend.

I got Marie Sharps Orange Pulp Habanero a month ago and just finished the bottle. I want to get the grapefruit pulp Habanero.

I didn't care for the grapefruit one as much... perhaps it is the bitterness of the grapefruit that comes out in it more than other citrus... it is still good but I liked the orange a bit better... it seemed like the grapefruit didn't go with as many foods...

I'm sure hoping Marie Sharp comes out with a couple hotter versions... I'd love to try her sauce made with Naga, Fatali, or some of the really hot Caribbean peppers

I'd love for Marie to come out with a Naga sauce. I've never had any Fatali sauces. Do you have a recommendation? I've been looking at Cajohns Fatali puree.

I've had Justaguy's stuff.. it is pretty good... he even has a site now... just waiting on a shipment of his Fatal Lime to replace a bottle broken in shipping... but his other ones are pretty good too

Fatal Lime is supposed to be pretty good... I had his AppleTali which is like a spicey cinnamon applesauce... not overly hot but tastes great (if you like applesauce)
I was drinking it straight out of the bottle every now and then.. but it was good on oatmeal (yeah I tried it.. with apples and cinnamon and hot peppers how can you go wrong) and it would be good on lamb or pork... I'm not a fan of sweet with turkey but some say it is good on that...

Fatali aren't generally overly hot.. but the taste is different and quite good... I guess like habs if there are enough of them the sauce will be hot...

Justaguy's on this site.. but his web page is http://www.knepperspeppers.com/

I have to say though... I really wish I could get the Aussie (HippySeed Company) sauces and the scorpion chili sauces here in Canada... they look real good and hot too... without the nasty extracts... I may end up getting some shipped but glass bottles don't do well in long distance shipping I've found.

I'd love for Marie to come out with a Naga sauce. I've never had any Fatali sauces. Do you have a recommendation? I've been looking at Cajohns Fatali puree.

I've had Justaguy's stuff.. it is pretty good... he even has a site now... just waiting on a shipment of his Fatal Lime to replace a bottle broken in shipping... but his other ones are pretty good too

Fatal Lime is supposed to be pretty good... I had his AppleTali which is like a spicey cinnamon applesauce... not overly hot but tastes great (if you like applesauce)
I was drinking it straight out of the bottle every now and then.. but it was good on oatmeal (yeah I tried it.. with apples and cinnamon and hot peppers how can you go wrong) and it would be good on lamb or pork... I'm not a fan of sweet with turkey but some say it is good on that...

Fatali aren't generally overly hot.. but the taste is different and quite good... I guess like habs if there are enough of them the sauce will be hot...

Justaguy's on this site.. but his web page is http://www.knepperspeppers.com/

I've been on his site a few times. Just haven't pulled the plug on buying. I'm more interested in the PineyHab sauce of his.

And I thought it took me awhile to decide which sauce to use for a meal. With that many open bottles I am guessing you start making the decision an hour or so before the meal. lol.

After the years harvest I am going to make a much hotter version of the AppleTalli.

Zok, how cold is it there and how long do they have to toss that package around til you get it? It should be safe from freezing.

And I thought it took me awhile to decide which sauce to use for a meal. With that many open bottles I am guessing you start making the decision an hour or so before the meal. lol.

After the years harvest I am going to make a much hotter version of the AppleTalli.

Zok, how cold is it there and how long do they have to toss that package around til you get it? It should be safe from freezing.

Hey JustAGuy I'll buy a sauce from you now. What would you recommend? I'm a Hab lover so the Piney Hab or Piney Hab extreme is what I'm interested in. Perhaps the Fatali Lime also. You take paypal now right?

Also, I'm an SEO guy and I'm seeing a few minor changes to your site that might help with rankings.

~Ryan

I've been on his site a few times. Just haven't pulled the plug on buying.

I'm just waiting on a replacement of his Fatal Lime... they played football with the package in the post office I thin as the Fatal Lime was a Fatality on arrival... but the rest were good...

His Sauces are really pretty good... Piney Hab extreme is my favourite so far... I just wish the shipping to Canada and the time to get here wasn't so high...

I would change a couple things if I made them for myself.. such as I would add a tiny bit more salt and a bit less sugar...and perhaps a bit less heat in the processing so as to get a bit more of the raw pepper flavour.. but over all I think they are some of the best I've had....

They go really well on fried and breaded foods... and cheesy foods too... (I like it with high cheese Italian foods)

They have a good heat too for a regular hab sauce.

I found by adding a pinch of sea salt to a couple drops of water to dissolve and then adding that into the neck of a full bottle made a huge difference in the sauce for me... I guess I like a little more salt... but a pinch is not too much for a full bottle and it wasn't even close to the salt level of melindas when I tasted it.

If you are in the USA the price for JustAGuy's stuff is well worth it...

This week is great... it is finally warming up...

so as soon as the Fatal Lime gets here it should be good this time unless they play baseball with the package... a hotter version of AppleTali would be killer...

I have a couple more sauces still in the fridge too along with the ones you sent .. . but the other stuff I have is leftovers which are more of the commercial variety and pretty mild... I made one with the dregs of a bunch of bottles...

yeah it sounds gross... but amazingly it was pretty good... I added a little vinegar and a few drops of that Daves Anus Sauce... or whatever that nasty sauce is called.. and it ended up pretty good as a wing sauce... I can't have a lot though because that Daves Insanity sauce doesn't agree with me... and half an hour later my stomach revolts... not so much from the heat but from the chemical extract in Dave's "gourmet" (my ass) sauce

I am loving the hot sauces... it's funny when people came by my office this week when I had the gallon jug and about 6 or 10 bottles of sauce on the desk they were wondering what was up.. hahaha

If you can handle Melinda's Naga... then the Piney Hab Extreme would be a good choice... it is the perfect heat for me so I can use a good amount without killing myself... but enough to really get a good taste too...

I've not tried the Tongue wrapper yet,,, but it sounds good too...

Hey JustAGuy I'll buy a sauce from you now. What would you recommend? I'm a Hab lover so the Piney Hab or Piney Hab extreme is what I'm interested in. Perhaps the Fatali Lime also. You take paypal now right?

Also, I'm an SEO guy and I'm seeing a few minor changes to your site that might help with rankings.

~Ryan

Quantize feel free to send me a PM as I don't want to hijack Zok's thread.

Zok I don't add salt to my sauces because I feel that those who like salt will add it to the foods ...or to the sauce as you do.

Off to work. Have fun with those Zok

Yeah.. I know... which is why I modified with a tiny amount... I play with salt levels in other ways but there is something to be said still for even the smallest amount... would you belive I put it in chocolate sauce when I've made it.... not much at all... but a tiny bit of cayenne and a tiny bit of salt makes a mediocre chocolate sauce amazing... and that doesn't even have to be in a savory application

But I guess. sodium intake is more of a concern for people these days.. me, I just lose mine when I am in the gym so a little extra salt does me good...

For most things it doesn't matter because they have enough salt or I add it... but I dunno I think a tiny bit enhances the flavour a bit more... then again... how many people eat sauces by the spoonful? hahhaha... so in the end it doesn't matter much... I am just going on initial taste and when I use it on rather plain flavoured foods... Hmm now... I wonder if any one has a chocolate essensed chocolate hab or bhut sauce... that way you would get the pepper and a bit of the chocolate flavour too.... heheh
I like peppers with chocolate... it is even better when that combo is added with red wine... I had a chocolate pepper sauce I made with modification of a regular smoked hot peppers and some cocoa and bitter chocolate with a bit of pepper sauce as a flavor enhancement for some chicken I made once and it was killer.... chocolate and peppers goes amazingly well when not overly sweet but with a nice Aussie Shiraz it was killer!
Yeah yeah I know chicken is supposed to go with white wine... but to hell with that... I go with what I like

Quantize feel free to send me a PM as I don't want to hijack Zok's thread.

Zok I don't add salt to my sauces because I feel that those who like salt will add it to the foods ...or to the sauce as you do.

Off to work. Have fun with those Zok

:cool: thats a great selection of sauces & a wide range of heat/flavor.

I've only tried a couple different ones from marie & melinda, only 1 of them you show.
marie sharps orange pulp hab sauce, its a tasty sauce but lacking in heat. I liked using the orange pulp sauce on salads, for me it seemed like a good combo since it was lacking in heat for me wanting to use it on meats.

Back