• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Loosing Flowers?

I have a couple of questions here, i hope this is the correct place, if not i apologies.

Fist thing, would anyone know how to store the Chile's i have grown?

Secondly, some of the the chile plants i have grown indoors, have flowered in abundance, but they are also dropping off in abundance although there still plenty left.

The flowers that have dropped off, have broke away right at the very base of the flower stem,where it joins the thin branch, (if that's the correct phrase) could any one please tell me what is causing this? The plants are Ring of Fire, while other plants i have grown ie: Orange Habenaro, Aji Limon, and Prairy Fire, have lost very few flower's.

Thanks.

Thanks cheezy, Could you recommend a suitable fertilizer? or would Phostrogen be ok?

I have been using some old miracle grow that was left over from last year....or the year before, is this no good?

allen said:
I have a couple of questions here, i hope this is the correct place, if not i apologies.

Fist thing, would anyone know how to store the Chile's i have grown?

Secondly, some of the the chile plants i have grown indoors, have flowered in abundance, but they are also dropping off in abundance although there still plenty left.

The flowers that have dropped off, have broke away right at the very base of the flower stem,where it joins the thin branch, (if that's the correct phrase) could any one please tell me what is causing this? The plants are Ring of Fire, while other plants i have grown ie: Orange Habenaro, Aji Limon, and Prairy Fire, have lost very few flower's.

Thanks.

Could be one of many problems.

Excess nitro is just the one that comes to mind first.

If MANY flowers are left, it just be the way that plant does things.

Some flower drop is normal.

I wouldn't use phostrogen - it's got the wrong balance of nutrients for peppers. Best to use tomato feed at half the strength it says on the bottle. There's loads of different reasons for flower drop. It can be caused by too low temp in the day and at night, underwatering, overwatering, too small a pot for the plant - and that's just a few.

Back