• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Lots of Black Spots on New Growth

Any ideas what this may be? I have this reaper in a soilless mix that I feed liquid nutrients to. I pH to 6.0 and check PPM each feeding (about 600) and feed about once a week when it dries out. I have been taking it outside when it's warm enough to harden it off in preparation for summer.

9bdb23efa15199f2c0194d7e392387e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a fungal/bacterial disease I believe. I get this sometimes on my indoor/hydro plants and it eventually goes away if I move them outdoors. It's contagious from what i've experienced similar to BLS so keep it away from other plants. 

Glad to hear it might go away. I have a few plants with what looks like bacterial leaf spot and I really hope I don't end up losing them all. This one looks a little different though - instead of the brown splotches, there are these dark spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try a little h2o2 15 percent to 85 water. Usually over watering starts the bacteria in the roots. So put them outside to dry out then give them the h2o2.

96strat said:
Try a little h2o2 15 percent to 85 water. Usually over watering starts the bacteria in the roots. So put them outside to dry out then give them the h2o2.

Would that be done in a foliar spray? Or do you literally want to hit the roots with it?

I have put h2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) 15 percent in this year. I had ten small peppers with bacteria spot. Took off the bad leafs and treated with the h2o2 15 percent for a week. Some made it some did not. It's kinda like a plant antibiotic. A old friend that's a well respected grower told me this a long time ago. If you have a little plant with spot try it. Just remember to separate. This is for the roots only. You could do a folar spray with worm castings at the same time. Pepper plant ER also any bacteria in the soil will die but also any good stuff will too. After treatment repot with new soil.

Back