• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Love all chilis except bell peppers?

I was having lunch with a friend yesterday who noticed I was eating around the red and yellow bell pepper slices, and he thought it was really odd that I love hot chili peppers, but don't really care for bell peppers since they are related. Anybody else in the same crowd as me, or am I just weird in that sense?

Better cooked than raw... sausage and peppers! Roasted red peppers in a salad with provolone! Yum.

probably the wrong place to admit this, but I prefer bell peppers. only reason being that I can only eat a few hots at one sitting where as I sit and eat bells like apples all summer. all in all though just love peppers in general.

I like bell peppers, but I like sweet Italian heirloom-types like Corno Di Toro or Melrose and pimento-types like Sheepnose pimento much more.

My least favorite pepper taste is cayenne. It tastes like cheap wing sauce to me.

I love almost all of them. Seriously, i eat them all like crazy. The only one that hasn't really grabbed me yet is the fatali, but i'm slowly acquiring the taste for them.

Pam said:
I like bell peppers, but I like sweet Italian heirloom-types like Corno Di Toro or Melrose and pimento-types like Sheepnose pimento much more.

My least favorite pepper taste is cayenne. It tastes like cheap wing sauce to me.

Apparently, you've had way too much cheap wing sauce then.

Raw bells taste bitter to me, including the ones that are supposed to be sweet. If I eat 'em raw, I like to use a ranch dip for dippin'.
I like them roasted, and roasting seems to bring out the sweetness for me.
Either way, they're great for yer health.

Actually, I seem to have a mild alergy against Bell Pepper, I can handle green but red and yellow give me unbearable heartburn even the powder does as well, but I can handle some of the hottest peppers on the planet with NO heartburn.......funny huh?

Back