• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Love the color of these habs

so colorful

IMG_1357.jpg

Agreed.

You might want to do the paper bag thing and get them all ripened up. Or if you happen to like the taste of green habs by all means enjoy!!

I ate one last night with some salami and one this lunch time mixed into some pulled pork BBQ stuff.

Know what I like about habs? Underneath the heat they have a very fruity taste. They really are a delicious pepper.

well then you should expand your horizons & try more chinense type chiles, cuz theres alot that have great flavor like the orange habanero or better.

chilehunter said:
well then you should expand your horizons & try more chinense type chiles, cuz theres alot that have great flavor like the orange habanero or better.

Unfortunately unless I grow them myself, which I am planning to do soon, the hottest I will get are supermarket habaneros. I am considering getting some naga seeds but I have to act soon since growing from seed takes time. I wouldn't be so foolish as to try and pop a naga in me mouth. I'd probably get used to it in bits and use it in food preparation. The habs are great but I am becoming immune to them. I remember last summer I ate a small piece of hab and it felt like I was going to die. Now I eat several in a serving of food and it's like a nice warm feeling but not too hot anymore. I can't believe how much my heat tolerance has increased in such a short time.

Back