• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Lucked out on CL

Saw a grow light on Cl and i have been wanting to get one for cold snaps and such when I have to move my peppers inside. Well I saw and ad for a lumatec 400w dimmable ballast, with bulb and 6 in air cooles hood, all in the box I offered 150 and he said sure. Everything is still new, and in plastic, so I ended up with a hortilux HPS bulb, new 6 in inline fan, 25 ft ducting, ballast, hood, and to sweeten the deal he threw in a Secret Jardin growtent, it's like 3x3 but that enough room to start seeds in, cept I started most of mine already... I will be prepared for next year, I don't know if it will get cold again this so called winter, it's 83 here today.

Not really, works been slow and she is never too happy when money gets spent on something like that... I got the ok, but I know the bitch switch will be on shortly after she gets home...Doh!!! Probably 30 min or so...

The secret is to get several of everything with your hobby. That way when you get another one she won't know if it is new or not.
My wife doesn't get mad at my purchases. She will ask questions. I don't consider the wisdom of my whims but I do consider the perception. My wife, though intelligent, respects me. Consequently I watch my purchases to continue the hoax of my wisdom.

Here is my advice act confused and ask questions. Pretend like you are trying to make her happy and she is not crazy. This is key, otherwise she will think you are being sarcastic. Then weave in somthing, that you didn't do, that makes her mad.
"You didn't want me to get it?"
"I really thought you said it was O.k."
"What did you mean when you said it was O.K.?"<- Really pretend that you regret buying the thing and making her unhappy and that you never want to make her unhappy again.
"Is your boss still blaming you for bob's screw ups?"

The are no moral victories in marriage. Their is only unhappy and happy.

No she's cool, I bought a Pi underwater metal detector and hit the beach and she was skeptical, but let's just say thats not the same...
031.jpg

\Right around Xmas...Even a blind Squirrel finds a nut once in a while... :whistle:

Great find man! All the extras are what ran me up. The light was like a 175 or so, but the tent, vent, fans, ducting, and all that jazz was what put a dent in the wallet. My secret is to buy the wife a super nice Christmas/BD gift that she wasn't expecting. She can't complain that I just spent ANOTHER 100 bucks at Lowes when she has been on Face Book since last tuesday on her brand new MacBook Pro...

Works like a charm!

Back