Lucky Dog Hot Sauce Foot-long Face-off goes to Long Beach, CA!

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:

I'm clearing room on my phone now. Really hoping to get as much as possible uploaded. 

Considering bribing audience members with a bottle of LDHS to film/upload it so we get alternate angles. 
Man you need a GoPro!

If you want to put it really over the top.....

include a Habanero Gusher pod on each sammy.......

:rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  

(I'm so bad.....I love it!)

Idiot Piquant said:
Would be epic beyond proportion. Breaking Action News Epic!

If Pure Evil gushers are involved, you better have a good insurance policy, Scott. 
Do.Not.Want.

:crazy:

SL is teh Scaarface of THP. Lines of cap powder with a fancy gilded double-tip wand. OMG!

"Say Hello to my little habanero friend..."

Well, Scott, if you do decide to do that...I gots the goods for ya. 

Hmmmmmmmm

I
Want people to enter - I'm afraid the PE would limit participation.

Must mull it over.

Would would be really sick would be to have just 1 sammich have a gusher & draw a name out of a hat to see who gets it. :rofl:

or russian roulette the "winner" of 1 gusher pod....:rofl:

I totally understand not wanting to scare people off.  I'm hoping people won't be too skeerd for the Pure Evil challenge. 

The challenge was a success. This just in: 9 habaneros and 2 tsp of 7-pot Red is no joke!

The winner took the slow & steady approach.

And the best part: Denniz filmed the whole thing!

Not sure when it will be updated - I totally spaced getting the dude's name for the THP membership though!

I think Denniz got a pic of the cool certificate that had his name on it, so with a little detective work I'll track him down.

Super fun challenge - people learned to respect the habanero today. 9 entrants, 6 tapped out. 1 finished - other dude had 1/3 of a sammich left, I gave him a bottle of sauce. Another got within 6 bites and was waiting for the other dude to tap - big mistake, as the heat rose and rose, the mucus was brutal and he was hurtin for certain! By the time he realized other dude was gonna finish he couldn't go back.

Epic. Truly epic.

Evan watched the challenge, said it was "pretty good".  :rolleye:  He came back to the booth laughing so it must of been good.  :lol:  Steve did a good job rallying the crowd.  The challenge actually took a bit of time.  I heard Steve say of one person who tapped out- "Dude, you got mustard on your nose!"  :rofl:

Ha! That was the dude who was 95% finished and waaaaay ahead.

He waited & waited - and by the time he realized he had a contender it was too late - he looked at the sammich and said "fuck that!"

:rofl:

And yeah - 14 or 15 mins. That was a legitimate challenge! We talked about it at dinner - the hands free was a game changer. Can't just wolf it down without touching the lips.

That 7-pot powder mistve been BRUTAL on the lips. Plus I cut all the Habs in 4. Yeesh. lol

Back