campaign Lucky Dog Hot Sauce is Live on Kickstarter!

Hit 40% this morning! :woohoo:

Still a long way to go - If you want the delicious new Dia del Perro before September this is pretty much your only chance (short of entering the LDHS cooking contest).

Pricing is totally fair on the rewards, too. This sauce will retail for $7/btl. 2 bottles = $14, shipping = $8-9, so at $25 it's $2-3 more towards the cause. And you'll get a couple of cool Dia del Perro stickers too.

Thanks for the pledges so far everyone - really appreciate it. :cheers:

Good morning THP!

Passed the 50% milestone last night - very exciting but still a long ways to go!

Anything anyone can do to spread the word is greatly appreciated - the new sauce is getting terrific reviews (including a perfect 5/5 from Hot Sauce Daily!!) and everyone who's tried it at the festivals is going nuts for it!

I'll be adding 6-pack and whole case Dia del Perro packages tonight at about 11 PM (after my 2-market day) - check it out!

Thanks for all the support so far!

Love & hot sauce
<3

Scott

Hit 60% today! Woohoo!

Several sauce packages adddd, including a 6-pack of Dia del Perro and more.

For one of the best deals, check out the $100 hoodie reward package - Dia del Perro hoodie + 2 bottles of Dia del Perro and 2 bottles of any of the original Lucky Dog Hot Sauce varieties, and of course some Dia del Perro stickers.

Keep the oledges coming folks - a long way to go and just 16 days to get there! And please spreD the word!

65% and the countdown begins...just 13 days to go, and there's still a loooooong way to go. 

Of the collectibles, the following are available: 
40 of the (up to) 60 signed/numbered labels for $5 ea
2 of the 5 available "sauce collector's dream" packages with 1 of the 5 signed/numbered bottles from batch 1, case 1 (also 1 mixed case of award winning LDHS, a Dia del Perro silkscreen tank top or t-shirt, and 1 bottle of Dia del Perro for eating) 
49 of the 50 possible signed/numbered Dia del Perro posters - some of the $ from each one sold will go to Robin Case, the talented artist behind the image, and as of now this is a very limited edition (1/1!) - also comes with 1 of each of the 7 Lucky Dog Hot Sauce varieties

Shipping is included in all packages - these are just the limited editions. There are a ton of other great rewards available - the sauce & t-shirts are the stars of the show though. :cheers: 

Thanks for taking a look at my campaign - and even $1 pledge can be a huge help to add visibility.

Scott
http://www.tinyurl.com/diadelperro

Great to see the numbers getting up there~ 

:dance:   :dance:  :dance:  :dance: :dance:  

Go LuckyDog! 
Go LuckyDog! 
Go LuckyDog! 
Go LuckyDog! 
Go LuckyDog! 
Go LuckyDog! 
Go LuckyDog! 

Still a long ways to go and some great packages available - I'm literally shocked that the last 2 signed/numbered bottles aren't claimed yet considering the overall package is worth much more. 

Any pledges greatly appreciated & the rewards all include shipping - you can check it out here at http://www.tinyurl.com/diadelperro (or you can click the link from ZZ Top's FB page, if you're into that sort of thing...:woohoo: )

Good evening everyone! 
The Update:  It's been a truly amazing week so far - I was planning to post an update at 70%, or an update at 350 backers, or an update at $20,000, and somehow while I was doing my 19 hour, 2-farmers market Thursday the campaign blew clear past all of those milestones! 
At 78% with just 10 days to go, we're now approaching the home stretch! 

Signed/Limited items & multiple-selection of items:  Kickstarter (foolishly) does not allow for multiple selections, which has created an issue for some backers. For example, I had many folks want the 2-bottles for $25 and they also wanted a signed/numbered label. Easy! Just select the reward for the label, and pledge $30 - when it's all over I'll be sending out a survey for shirt sizes, shipping addresses and special instructions. Just let me know that you pledged $30 to get both the signed/limited label and the 2-bottles rewards and I'll gladly fulfill both. 

A word of thanks to ZZ Top! As some of you may have seen, ZZ Top was kind enough to share my Kickstarter with their ~4 million fans, which is just about the highlight of my 43 years on this planet. The response has been staggering in terms of social media with over 100 new "likes" on the Lucky Dog Hot Sauce fan page and 50 new Twitter followers in just under 2 days. The post has been liked an insane 3600+ times and shared over 450 times.

But I've also received a number of questions about it, so I thought I could answer them here. 

Answers: They were not paid for posting that - they're simply fans of the product.  After 40 years of touring I'm pretty sure they're doing ok without my $, and if I could afford such a spectacularly cool celebrity endorsement I certainly wouldn't be doing a Kickstarter. :)

It was just a really, really nice thing for them to do, and I am forever grateful to them for helping to spread the word. In addition to being tremendous musicians and delighting millions of people with their music for 4+ decades, they're also really nice folks and I cannot thank them enough for the support. 

Finally, a great fan-submitted video! 
An old friend from high school pledged to the campaign and also ordered some sauce. A few days after getting their order, I was sent a link to a video, created by 11 year-old Patrick, a new Lucky Dog Hot Sauce fan. It's a delightful video, and I laugh every time I see the cat randomly tossed into frame, or the dog high-fiving the bottle (not to mention the "making it rain loose change" portion of the video...)  

Take a look here and hopefully you'll laugh as much as I did. What a fun way to hear from a new fan! 

The home stretch looms! While we're really close, the only way folks will get their rewards is if the campaign is 100% funded. 
My Rolodex is pretty much spent at this point, so I'm really hoping some of you might help to spread the word or make a pledge!  If I've ever hooked you up with a discount coupon or an extra bottle of sauce for being a THP member, throw some of that karma back my way. Even $1 helps to increase visibility!  Really you should get the 2-pack or the t-shirt or tank top packages, because they're essentially retail pricing with shipping included, the shirts are bad ass, and because the new Dia del Perro is delicious! 
There's just 1 left of the 5 total collectible Signed/Numbered 1st case/1st batch packages  (which also comes with a mixed case of sauce and any shirt!), and I've added a ton of sauce packages to the mix, all priced right at (or below) retail with shipping included. 
Love and hot sauce
2cef856a41b47b4090c8b7a013d77d3e_large.jpg

Scott 

The Lucky Dog Hot Sauce Kickstarter campaign is *OFFICIALLY* in the home stretch! 

10480688_781584221886660_9134305191025032191_n.jpg

7 days to go, 87% funded, I'm starting to think this bird might fly! But there's still work to do - spread the word. Tell a friend, tell a co-worker - tell everyone! Consider looking for a very tall bell tower to shout it from (Note: this bit is optional, but most appreciated) :woohoo: 

Since a portion of the proceeds benefit the artist, the reward I'd most like to see go is the signed/numbered poster - so much so that I'm upping the stakes. This package already comes with a 7-pack of sauce - I thought "why not make it a whole case?" - so that's exactly what I'll do. Instead of a 6-pack of the original Lucky Dog varieties + 1 Dia del Perro, now you'll get a 6-pack of the original and a 6-pack of Dia del Perro! Signed/numbered poster and a case of sauce for $125. Hard to beat that. 

Only 4 selected so far, (3 + one person who selected multiple limited rewards) - sure to be a very limited item with a maximum of 50. 

Check it out here at http://www.tinyurl.com/diadelperro 

Love & hot sauce

Scott

Coming around Turn 4!!!!!  let's get this baby across the finish line!!!

Happy for you, Scott.  Looks like it's gonna fly(and I'll be getting a couple cases of great sauce!!

cone9 said:
Happy for you, Scott.  Looks like it's gonna fly(and I'll be getting a couple cases of great sauce!!
Not counting chickens yet, but it promising for sure. It's a lot of work and a lot remains to get everyone their rewards in a timely manner.

There's easier ways of raising money for a van I'm sure but I'm feeling pretty blessed that enough people enjoy my products & believe in what I'm doing enough to get behind the campaign.

I appreciate everyone's contributions regardless of size. Just happy to see people get behind Lucky Dog like this - it's an honor.

:woohoo:

As of this posting, the Lucky Dog Hot Sauce Kickstarter Campaign is at 101% funded and climbing!  

:woohoo: 

A heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone at THP who supported this campaign, either with funding, shares or just not heckling me while I spammed the promotion forum with updates. 

5 days to go, and plenty of time to get hold of some very limited stuff - things like hoodies and bar glasses are highly unlikely to be made again. Pretty much anything that's not a poster, sauce, t-shirt or tank top won't be available again in the near future. I'd rather be putting $ into sauce. 

Now hopefully my POS van will make it to the finish line - had a good scare today when the map sensor died and the van crapped out at every stoplight. Whee! That was fun. Not. 

Good Job, Scott!

Wahoo!! Can't wait to try Dia Del Perro!  Congrats Scott.  Very happy for you.  I watched the video you made for the kickstarter... I laughed each time you kicked the door.  :)  Very clever and well made short.

Back