Lucky Dog Hot Sauce Recipe Contest! (THP-Only Version)

Change of plan....

10603800_10202244089208037_5477308241235432207_n.jpg

Good thing you mentioned that about Dia.  I wasn't planning on using it, but plans could have changed.  :lol:  Since we have a month to git 'er done, let's coordinate for the other bottles.  Thanks!

Good looking skrimps to start the fun, Joyners.

Hmm....not much interest. I can't do a contest with just 3 entries. 

Not worth it to send out $90 in prizes + shipping costs, and it's not much of a contest if everyone wins. 

And I'm not sure I'll host this at all if there are only 3 entries. With all the great cooks here I thought there would be more interest than this. 
:(

Guess THP-only contests aren't such a good idea after all. This may well be the last one unless I see some serious interest develop in the next week.  

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
Hmm....not much interest. I can't do a contest with just 3 entries. 

Not worth it to send out $90 in prizes + shipping costs, and it's not much of a contest if everyone wins. 

And I'm not sure I'll host this at all if there are only 3 entries. With all the great cooks here I thought there would be more interest than this. 

Guess THP-only contests aren't such a good idea after all. This may well be the last one unless I see some serious interest develop in the next week.  

I was thinking to the entrants, lol, but I hope this helps you too.

I suppose at this point they don't need luck, they are all getting something.

If I were to order a bottle, what are the chances it would be here before the contest ends?

Joyner's Shrimp Boil with LDHS

4 ears of corn - shucked and halved
3 pounds fresh heads on shrimp
4 lemons - halved
4 quarts of water
1 wonderful IPA - I used Brew Free or DIE!
A bottle of pink label Lucky Dog Hot Sauce (use 1/3rd bottle)
1/2 cup JO #1 crab spice
1 tablespoon Joyner's Thai Blend

Add the water, beer, hot sauce, pepper powder, squeeze the lemons and add the juice and rind, add the JO crab spice and bring everything to a boil. Add the corn and cook 6 to 7 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook for about 3 minutes until they turn pink/orange. 

Remove everything, easily done if you use a crab cooker or large steamer. Peel and eat and use a big bowl of the liquid for dipping the shrimp, corn and bread!

Looks awesome Chris!  4 more entries and this thing's a go! SL said she'd be entering, and someone PM'd me saying they were gonna order sauce to compete with, so maybe this thing will fly after all. :woohoo: 

Looks awesome Chris!  4 more entries and this thing's a go! SL said she'd be entering, and someone PM'd me saying they were gonna order sauce to compete with, so maybe this thing will fly after all. :woohoo:
Can we do more than one entry, don't think I read it can only be one :)

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Can we do more than one entry, don't think I read it can only be one :)

One entry per contestant. It's a "recipe contest" not a "recipes contest". 

I believe I used singular throughout: 

you must make the dish
- not "dishes"

you must write a legible list of ingredients and a recipe that can be followed
- not "recipes"

you must use Lucky Dog Hot Sauce in your recipe
- not "recipes". 

Etc.

Good try though. 

That said, if you want to email me your bonus recipe with pics I'll be happy to put it up on my website! The more the merrier! :woohoo: 

One entry per contestant. It's a "recipe contest" not a "recipes contest". 

I believe I used singular throughout: 

- not "dishes"

- not "recipes"

- not "recipes". 

Etc.

Good try though. 

That said, if you want to email me your bonus recipe with pics I'll be happy to put it up on my website! The more the merrier! :woohoo:
Well even singular use of the word recipe does not mean only one :) Each entry is a recipe and I am not using multiple recipes for an entry muhahahahha
Maybe I'll do something with the new sauce ;) 

Deadline for entries is September 8th. That's 6 days, folks. 

Again - if there aren't more entries than prizes this thing is off and I'll send Joyners a bottle just for entering. 

Pretty weak. :(

Oooookay....just 3 days left to enter and I have (gasp) 1 entry. 

Not looking good. 

Joyner's will get some sauce regardless - thanks for entering Chris. 

Back