• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Madballz 7?

they have a stable burgundy 7 pot.....

Hmm, well I wonder if it's multiple genes then. The genes of capsicum paper does indicate that there are a number of genes related to "red hue" so it may be more complicated than what I said above. If the burgundy color in the 7 pot is the same as the Madballz then armac is prob correct in that stability will eventually arise by self pollinating peppers and keeping separate color seed stock.

Im growing several of these now, I'll be interested to see my pod color, I like the burgundy I hope that's what I get.

very cool lookin peppers either way and i think this is the part were selection and more generations will determine final form the burgandy looks the coolest and seems more 50/50 between the 2 parent plants pod shape allready looks like it is 50/50 very cool either way,

i have 5 madballz growing right now. one sprouted with purple in the leaves, anyone else get this? is it related to fruit color in any way?

I love these peppers!
My garden continues to hallucinate!
As I had 3 colors come out on my Madballz!
1 Chocolate,2 burgundy and 3 red plants! :)

coloredMBz.jpg

:cool:
Kevin

Was the rusty or chocolate purple in the leaves?

The purple leaves could just be a defeciency. It should grow out of it. Unless it crossed with something again ;)

I thought about it being light but all the other seedlings are in the same place with the same conditions. I'm sure it will lose some color when i move it to lower light but still, there must be something different about it to turn purple when its siblings are all solid green.

Back