• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Made By Bees - Jalapeno jelly

I received a jar of Green Jalapeno Jelly by 'Made By Bees' in Arizona. I've never had jam / jelly made with green jalapenos before, so this was a new experience for me. After loading up some crackers with cream cheese I took a dip of the jelly. I'm not going to say it was bad, just different. It was very runny unlike other jellies I have had (or made...mine is CHUNKY MONKEY style!). The consistency of this jelly kind of reminded me of my last bad sinus infection this winter and wouldn't stay on the cracker. The taste was. . . um, different. There was a honey-like aftertaste, which is strange because there is no honey listed in the ingredients. The green jalapenos in the jelly tasted like they were candied at some point.

006.jpg

007.jpg

I've never been a huge fan of green jalapenos (will only eat mine when they turn red). For those of you that like the taste of unripened green jalapenos, then this would be a nice product for you to try out. The jar is pretty big, so it will probably take me a while to go through (re-gift???) ;)

Thanks for the review!

I think I would pass on this one, but would be willing to try something a little sexier though.

The "Chunky Monkey" sounds interesting!!

Back