• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Magnesium sulphate question.

Hi, just a quick question..

Other then spraying the leafs..

How do I go about applying Epsom salts to my plants? Can I simply mix with water and then water the plants, if so how much should I be mixing?

My watering can is 2L and I don't have scales so can we say approximately how many tea spoons to the can?

Thank you :)

I've just given all the plants a nice dose, now to will wait and see how they respond.

On a side note researching this has just identified the problem that has dogged my blueberry shrubs.

2 L equals about .5 gallon

1 tablespoon (T) equals 3 teaspoons (t)

So if 1T per gallon of water and your water can is about a half gallon

so 1 1/2 teaspoons per 2 L should be fine.

I like to add some warm water and epsom salts and shake to dissolve, then add remaining water.

Valleyman said:
2 L equals about .5 gallon

1 tablespoon (T) equals 3 teaspoons (t)

So if 1T per gallon of water and your water can is about a half gallon

so 1 1/2 teaspoons per 2 L should be fine.

I like to add some warm water and epsom salts and shake to dissolve, then add remaining water.
Thanks for these figures. I ended up giving them roughly what you suggest here...

Cayennemist said:
Do you guys think it really helps? I got some and havent seen much of a difference.
I do not believe I've ever seen a difference in my plants from adding Mag either, but the difference would arise if there were to be a deficiency. I amend my ferts with it as a preventative measure. It's easy enough, and one of the cheapest ferts you can buy - added to the fact that it's essential in some amounts to peppers, so I just play it safe and toss it in.

Back