• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Major Leaf Spotting

These burnt patched have developed over a matter of 2-3 days. Here are some pics of a couple plants showing some leaf spotting, almost looks like the leaves have chicken pox. Most of the plants are doing fine, but its only after i fed them some MG bloom booster flower food(15-30-15)that 4-5 plants have developed these yellowish/brownish spots on its leaves, and upward leaf curling, and seems like its spreading to the rest of the plants. This morning I also noticed these small slow moving dark flies flying around the plants(some sort of gnat?)...could it be that the gnat droppings are causing these burn patches on the leaves? Any help would be appreciated thanks....

photo16.jpg

photo8-1.jpg

photo14.jpg

photo15.jpg

I don't know about the spots, but I bet those bugs are fungus gnats,
a kind of fly. The larva feed on plant roots. Keep the top of your soil dry!

People on the forum say that mosquito dunks dropped in your watering
bucket will help control them. You can do a search on the forum to find
more info about that.

Thanks....I'll be heading over to Orchards and grabbing a pack of mosquito dunks. I've also been doing some reading on how to get rid of fungus gnats, and spraying a peroxide/water solution onto the plant will get of rid of the larvae and actual gnats? It wont damage the plant? Just being a bit cautious, dont want to finish killing off my young plants...But those darn spots...what can it be?

Or should I just wait until the soil dries up, and then hit it with an insecticidal spray? I was thinking maybe just repotting them into a quality soil and see if that works...Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated...thanks

liquid dude it looks like a bacterial fungal thing there please try to treat with
some copper sulfate or sulfur stuff to kick the crap out of the spotting
it may be a good time to also increase the airflow and pot up those plants
to also give them a chance to grow biggerer

bigger rootball makes bigger peppers

good growing

Thanks nitwit and ABG...I looked around the kilol website and now im in the process of calling around and see where I can find this spray...Looks like something my plants can benefit from...Hope i can find it...@nitwit...I'll be doing some repotting sometime this week, so i'm also currently looking around CL to see if i can find some potting soil at a discount...Also a quick update: Some of the plants with spotting are also looking like the tips of leaves are drying and dying rather quickly...not looking good..

UPDATE: On 06/15/12, I transplanted to bigger pots and brand new soil that I got through a barter deal. Theyre doing great, after a day or two of transplant shock, but rebounded nicely....Here are a couple of pics:

This one went into shock after transplant, came back , but seems like it burned the new foliage coming out of the center
photo20.jpg

photo19.jpg

photo18.jpg

photo21.jpg

Back