• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Many plants outside in pots

and the ones with gnarly leaves are sprouting new ones all over the place. No pics right now I will try to get some but been lazy with the camera.

Here we go. The smaller ones are mostly the super hots that I planted later - Scorpions,Bhut Jolokia, 7 Pots..

The talest ones are Cherry Hots and the Indian Sanam and Byadagi.

The others and the ones int he rectangle pots are Orange Habs. I hope with the better dirt and some cow manure mixed in we see an explosion of growth. I really wish it would get warm though. It's been really cool at night. So much for global warming.

IMG_1920.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

IMG_1918.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg

All that worry for nothing Worlok, you made it. They'll be kicking goals in no time outside and you'll be wondering what to do with all your left over pods...

Worlok! you made my day. Finally someone with plants the same size as mine. But nice job man at least they are outside.

Very nice Worlock, you'll be shocked at how fast they grow once they start living outside. Start working on getting some bigger pots, you'll need them. Chinense like 5 gallon. :lol:

You're comparing your youngsters to 15 month old plants. After you harden them off, transplant them to 5 gallon pots in a potting mix that drains well (add more perlite), give them plenty of sunshine and you'll soon be amazed at how quickly they shift into high gear.

Silver_Surfer said:
Start your seed sooner. I plant mine the middle of February. And those plants were over wintered and in their second year, except for the Naga started this year.

Browse the forum; there are larger plants than mine to be seen here.

Good luck.

the larger ones were started in February. the smaller superhot ones I started when some kind souls on this forum sent me some seeds. I had no choice on those. I didn't have the seeds for them in Feb.

Last night I turned on the deck light before bed to look at them, and one of the pots had a big fat spider perched on the rim. I went outside to make sure it wasn't a beetle of some sort, and it was a fat spider. I was glad to see him guarding my plants. A good omen?

worlok said:
Last night I turned on the deck light before bed to look at them, and one of the pots had a big fat spider perched on the rim. I went outside to make sure it wasn't a beetle of some sort, and it was a fat spider. I was glad to see him guarding my plants. A good omen?

Yeah, spiders are your friends. Give your plants time; their growth is exponential.

Well, he was a fat spider, and probably somewhat big for New Jersey on a cold night on May 31st, but probably a small little thing compared to ones you get down south or the ones our Aussie members often see. ;-)

I started my Orange Habs in mid March and they are still only 2 inches tall, but growing leaves like crazy. As soon as they hit the growth spurt I am sure they will get huge!

Yep, after the veg-phase have started to really kick in, then the growth will be much faster. The shift from seedling to veg is a bit slow, been that way with my plants anyway.

Back