• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

MANZANO

Hello everyone. I love this chile. I thinly slice this pepper and eat with my food. I first experience a sweet taste along with the taste of the chile. Very good flavor without all the heat, at first that is. Then a few seconds later I get hit with the heat. I love it. I highly recommend this one to those who like sweetness along with some heat. If you like good hot chile with real flavor buy one, split chile in half and dry the seeds. Seeds will not dry properly if left whole. Seeds will not grow.
Now for my question. Is there a self proclaimed expert in growing this kind of chile???
My chile plant is starting to sprout different offshoots and I expect it to turn into a bush? I don't know.
What is the care needed for pruning, watering, and fertilizing?
I want to keep eating this chile because it makes me feel sooo goood. Thanks everyone. astorgaalfred@yahoo.com

Sounds Italian! Welcome to THP.

I don't claim to be an expert, but I grow manzanos and other chiles.

CROP3707.jpg

IMG_3637.jpg

I have a few friends in Germany I'd consider experts at growing C. Pubescens. They get AMAZING yields. I'm happy to even see a pod. Weather and skill, probably in that order, play a huge part in success.

Chris

smallfry said:
Hello everyone. I love this chile. I thinly slice this pepper and eat with my food. I first experience a sweet taste along with the taste of the chile. Very good flavor without all the heat, at first that is. Then a few seconds later I get hit with the heat. I love it. I highly recommend this one to those who like sweetness along with some heat. If you like good hot chile with real flavor buy one, split chile in half and dry the seeds. Seeds will not dry properly if left whole. Seeds will not grow.
Now for my question. Is there a self proclaimed expert in growing this kind of chile???
My chile plant is starting to sprout different offshoots and I expect it to turn into a bush? I don't know.
What is the care needed for pruning, watering, and fertilizing?
I want to keep eating this chile because it makes me feel sooo goood. Thanks everyone. astorgaalfred@yahoo.com

Hi smallfry and welcome from PA. I have never had a Manzano that I know of. Can you compare it in taste/heat to any other peppers? When you say sweet do you mean like a habanero? From the picture Willard posted looks like it starts with a beautiful flower.

Hi smallfry, welcome from Minnesota. I am growing manzanos but have no ripe ones to taste yet...waiting and waiting lol. They sound tasty.

Welcome from the sunshine state!Are there any Florida growers who have any fall or winter success with this chile?

Back