• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Marie Sharpe's Belizean Sauces

Just wondering what the sauceheads here think of this brand compared to other commercial hot sauces, like Melinda's.  I'll put a plug in for Marie Sharpe's Grapefruit Hab sauce.  On the spoon, odd.  On chicken, great.  Of the Marie Sharpe sauces that I've sampled, I'd say they are more flavorful and interesting than Melinda's, although Melinda's Scotch Bonnet is a commercial favorite of mine.  The other Melinda sauces that I've tried were simply too vinegary to suit me, very one dimensional. 

http://www.mariesharp.com/

Love Marie Sharpes - My parents used to travel to Belize and bring it back for me before it was imported to the US. I love the Hab sauce A LOT! never tried the grapefruit

I like Marie Sharps a lot.  Her sauce is what got me making my own.  Back in the day I couldn't find her sauce anywhere locally here so I tried to duplicate her Habanero hot sauce.

Found this in Belize and ended up bringing a suitcase full back. Incredible flavor and great pop to any meal.

Roguejim said:
On one variety, the ingredients include capsicium oil.  Is this another name for extract?

yes extract, companys word it different for extract but if you're a experienced chilehead you'll be able pick out extract sauces.

marie & melindas basically the same sauces aside from the unique versions. cuz 1 worked for the other and stole recipes and started their own line, forget which one was the thief.

chilehunter said:
marie & melindas basically the same sauces aside from the unique versions. cuz 1 worked for the other and stole recipes and started their own line, forget which one was the thief.

That's not true, unless you have proof? An employee started their own company, nothing wrong with that... you could work for Coke and start you own soda line, I mean... where else do you get your experience? You shouldn't cast aspersions like that. I think you got the info from a member here a long time ago, imaguitargod, who had no proof but had no problem posting that.

I love Marie Sharp's, though my experience is only from the one I got as a gift a couple years back, the Sweet Habanero sauce, similar to a Sweet & Sour. Very mild heat, good pepper flavor and seems like it would've been a great glaze for meats, too :)

Back