• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Mas Fuego's South Florida Grow 2017

With any luck I can make this a fairly interesting grow log for the beginners like me. If you want to follow a professional grower to glean pro-style tips, keep moving. If you want to watch a guy stumble along the road of gardening, you are in the right place!

I am in south Florida so I don't have a frost to worry about. it does get cold(ish) around February and theoretically I should wait till then to go outside but like I said, I am not a pro.

The plan is to grow in pots on a drip irrigation system that I plan to build.

I will try to track my seeds and where they came from:

Currently Growing
Jalapeno - Burpee
Serano - Burpee [Not gonna grow]
Brazilian Ghost  - Forum  [Probably Not gonna grow]
Jamaican Scotch Bonnet - Forum
White Hab - Ebay [None have made fully germinated]
Chocolate Hab - EBay  [Probably Not gonna grow]
Yellow 7 Pot - Forum   [Probably Not gonna grow]
Red Sweet Pepper - Ebay
Carolina Reaper - Forum

Cucamellon - eBay - these take off!
Pickle Cuke - eBay
Homestead Tomato - eBay
Floridade Tomato - eBay
Tomatillo - scrapped out of a tomatillo from Publix

Awaiting Arrival
Habanero Paper Lantern - Juanitos
cumari do para - Juanitos

Still Trying To Source
sweetheart pepper
Sweet Lunchbox Mini Peppers
Sugar Rush Peach Pepper
(basically any mild, sweet peppers)
Ají Lemon Drop
Malawi Piquante

Here is a Scotch Bonnet MOA that is still sitting in a 1 gallon grow bag. Just saw it is fruiting.

HW5JWYl.jpg

Pink Habenero

Zxpdb8t.jpg

Yellow 7 Pot still in a 1 gallon grow bag

dng54sK.jpg

Love your work. The auto feeder is definitely something I want to look into. Did you figure out what mix you should be running?

I was thinking about having a seperate one for my lawn too

Malarky said:
Keep posting man, it looks great
Nope. I am running MG in it right now but I honestly never figure out how to determine how much to run.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

mas_fuego said:
I put these guys outside as soon as they popped. I figured they can just be born hardened off. I also put four Aji Fantasy Seeds in a cup straight outside as an kind of n experiment.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Before this year, that's pretty much how I started all of my seeds. But I might take this long growing season we have down here for granted.

Jubnat said:
I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Before this year, that's pretty much how I started all of my seeds. But I might take this long growing season we have down here for granted.
We'll see if they sprout.

mas_fuego said:
We'll see if they sprout.
I'm sure they'll be better off than you think.

You ever have any volunteers show up the next season...sometimes you just let nature do its thing, and everything's fine. :party:

mas_fuego said:
Mangoes anyone?

YKJyVo9.jpg

What kind of mangoes do you grow?

I had a Valencia Pride that was absolutely amazing - but I had to cut it down last season. (it was growing too close to the septic tank, and I didn't want to have to deal with a breach)

juanitos said:
man im jealous u got peppers already!

I don't trim off any buds. I let them grow. I only trim the bottom leaves / nodes except a few below the Y. I am going to have more than I need so I really don't mind getting fewer because I don't delay the fruit.

solid7 said:
What kind of mangoes do you grow?

I had a Valencia Pride that was absolutely amazing - but I had to cut it down last season. (it was growing too close to the septic tank, and I didn't want to have to deal with a breach)

I don't know. The tree was here when i bought the house. They are super sweet. Much sweeter than any of my neighbors. One has what she calls pineapple mangoes. Most have these large purple ones.

Back