• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Masschilehead's garden of Eden

Well, the season is quickly approaching here in the Northeast, although spring hasn't sprung yet. I'll admit that I'm "green" to growing, and I've probably picked some hard varieties for our short season, but I'm bound and determined to succeed this year. I like to think that I've learned from last years follies and transgressions, having lost nearly 100 plants to early starting and late transplanting. That said, I'll be tilling this weekend or next and getting down with some crab shell and kelp meal, courtesy of Neptune's Harvest to get the ground ready. Here is this years list:
Avery Island Tobasco
Goronong
Yellow 7-Pot
Red Savina
Peach Habanero
Butch T
Aji Pineapple
Fatalii
JalapeƱo
Douglah
Morougah Scorpion
Aji Cito
Poblano
CGN27500
Also growing 7 heirloom tomatoes, organic purple tomatillos, eggplant, cukes, organic spinich, cilantro, basil, and 2 heirloom melons. Got about 16'x21' garden patch, gonna try cherry toms in the topsy turvy, and gonna have containers all over the deck and front stoop. A bit daunting, yes, but with a good, dry, late summer we should be rolling in veg this October!

Good luck with the grow, I'm gathering from the fact that you plan on tilling this weekend that you didn't get the snow down there that those of us more inland in the state got.

We're supposed to have a warmer than usual spring, so maybe that'll translate into a later fall. Guess we'll see.

Started a tray of peppers and a tray of tomatoes. Using 4" bio pots with an organic starter mix. Received my Neptune's Harvest crab shell and kelp meal the other day. I've got their fish emulsion/seaweed fert for foliar treatments as well as routine feeding a and some Vermont Compost Plus for transplant time. Can't wait!

Almost forgot about the organic blood and bone meal I picked up at Lowe's the other day!

Here's an update to include the other garden goodies, starting with tomatoes:
Paul Robeson - black
Virginia Sweets - bicolor
Hawaiian Pineapple - orange
Stupice - early
Big Raspberry - mid
Japanese Oxheart - late
Opalka - paste
Sun Gold Hybrid - yellow cherry
Big Red Cherry
Organic Purple Tomatillo
Muncher Cucumber