• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

fertilizer Master Blend tomato fertilizer

I have been thinking about trying master blend fertilizer in my hydro system. Anybody ever try it in hydro and if so how was it? Thanks in advance my friends!

I don't know if it works well but I am going to venture into it myself. I've searched local stores for the ingredients but haven't found them. Visit Peter Stanley's YouTube channel for extensive info. He has a link to buy the 3 necessary ingredients on Amazon... reasonably priced compared to what I've searched locally.
Cheers! Happy growing! Furthermore visit his channel for the step by step necessities and quantities per gallon...
7006fff25a89728836f8e9151cbe9bdd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I used Master Blend this year for my hydros and they grew amazingly. I used the following recipe:
2.5g master blend
1.25g Epsom salt
2.5g calcium nitrate
1 gallon water

As long as you keep the ratios the same (2:1:2) you can make it a little weaker for seedlings and stronger for mature plants. But I found that being lazy and sticking to the 2.5g per gallon all year works pretty well too.

Thanks for the info!  Siv, how weak and how strong have you tried for seedlings and mature plants respectively? Black Fatalli what ratio do you use for your Kratky and has there been any sediment left at the bottom or did it stay mixed up pretty well? In the past I have used a lot of the flora series and it has worked well, but I am excited to try something new.

BAPeppers said:
Thanks for the info!  Siv, how weak and how strong have you tried for seedlings and mature plants respectively? Black Fatalli what ratio do you use for your Kratky and has there been any sediment left at the bottom or did it stay mixed up pretty well? In the past I have used a lot of the flora series and it has worked well, but I am excited to try something new.

I have seedlings on the go right now at the above strength. I'm too lazy to water down.

As for the upper end, I went as high as 4.5g MB per gallon when the plants were getting large.

This pic gives you a good idea of the results:
48092399273_a86c94740b_c.jpg

Oh, and I always get sediment left behind in my master reservoirs. It's where I mix my blend so anything that precipitates out will stay in the big reservoirs. I don't see much, if any, sediment in the plant buckets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYv9iu2NI3M

If the link doesn't work search youtube for "mhpgardener" and search his videos for "masterblend"

Or just search YouTube for "Hydroponic Fertilizer : What I Use & How to Mix It"

The guy is really helpful and seems like the kind of friend we'd all love to have! Good luck!

Edit: to clarify

Back