• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

soil Masterblend in soil?

Is anyone using masterblend tomato formula for their in ground plants? Last year I just used a combination of fish fertilizer and dynagro @1/4-1/2 strength every week or two and had a bumper crop, I was pulling 2lb tomatos and buckets of peppers. I bought some of the masterblend to mess around with and have a ton of it to use up.

So has anyone used it in ground and at what concentration? How's the results? Thanks

I'm using it on a 4 year old plant in a 5 gallon bucket and it seems to be responding well. I was just using the directions on the site and give it about 1/2 gallon at a time. That's probably overkill but like I said the plant is happy... Also been adding 3ml slf -10 per gallon to keep the salt buildup down.. Anyway from what I read masterblend is good for hydro or soil so you should be just fine. Haven't gotten any pods yet but I just started feeding it a couple months ago and mother nature pruned her back for me during the hardening off but I have a friend in Texas that seems to swear by the stuff!
Chewi said:
The 4-18-38? Love to try some of that. Prolly order some when my current stash runs out :dance:
Best thing about it is it's cheap

smileyguy697 said:
I have a friend in Texas that seems to swear by the stuff!

Best thing about it is it's cheap

which Texan if you don't mind me asking? Gonna hit 'em up and find where they buy it!

Chewi said:

Right on! Geez a pound would last a long time. Suppose have to add cal/mag but the MB by itself is cheap as dirt!
If you get the tri pack or premixed one with the calcium nitrate and magnesium sulfate you ain't gonna need Cal-mag cause you will already have it in powderd form.

Back