• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Maters...

Most hot sauces need some tomatoes and I'm thinking about growin' some in the yard. That would be the one thing my wife would support. She's afraid the chilis might conquer her whole yard.
A few weeks ago I tried some maters that were mottled fire red, dark orange, vine red and British racing green and they tasted a little bit like blood oranges. Absolutely great!
Who knows what variety that might be? Who knows other tasty and fancy varieties?

No idea what that might've been, but if you wanna grow some really tasty tomatoes stay away from nowadays commercial varities that are bred for yield rather than aroma. Get some seeds of heirloom varieties and you'll be rewarded with loads of taste and they are also quite a sight to see, especially when growing varities that differ in shape and color.
There are several awesome books about them, I have started a thread in the ALL FOODS section about one and Potawie has recommended another. You might want to take a look there.

I have some Heirloom Ugly and a large Heirloom Yellow (no acid)if anybodys interested.Both are up after only a couple weeks.

They sound great Scoville buddy give us a P.M when you can..Was disapointed myself this year at some of the commercial varietys :)

Back