• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Matthew_293 2015 Grow Log

Hello everyone, I finished putting together some plants I plan to plant outdoors in a few weeks.
I put them in rockwool and I'm gonna plant them in coco and just feed them at each watering. Shout out to smokenfire for hooking me up with some seeds!

xjAlMjc.jpg

PUdy3hT.jpg

My list is the following:
Inca red drop (2)
Trinidad scorpion sweet (2)
Lombok (2)
Kashmiri Mirch (1)
Kashmiri Mirch *another source (2)
Trinidad scorpion (2)
Ají lemondrop (2)
7 pot brain strain (1)
7 pot chaguanas (2)
Cumari pollux/wild brazil (2)
Trinidad perfume (1)
Wiri wiri (4)
Chocolate habanero (2)
Syrian three sided pepper (2)
San Marzano lungo #2 tomatoes (2)
Swiss giant snow peas (2)
Blue lake bush green beans (2)
Clemson spineless okra (2)
Pineberry strawberry (2)

This is slightly off topic, but while I wait for my seeds to sprout I'll give a update on my DWC plants that have been fighting with slime for the last few weeks.

I turns out that everytime I added floranectar it was feeding the harmful bacteria and causing a ton of slime. So I cut that out, and cleaned everything up. And now the plants are back on track and no longer affected by slime or bud drop.

7lzngOH.jpg

EkU8k2m.jpg

IoIyxuW.jpg

luA315J.jpg

I also pruned them back real well to let the new growth get some light and I'm gonna spray them with neem soon.

And here's a raddichio plant I made salad with yesterday.

Y1LXrfp.jpg

Nice list and best of luck with the grow. If you ever get my way holla and ill hook you up with all kinds of swag.

P.s. have the mods move this to glogs ;)  

sicman said:
Nice list and best of luck with the grow. If you ever get my way holla and ill hook you up with all kinds of swag.

P.s. have the mods move this to glogs ;)  
yeah i pmed one for him  :rolleyes:

good to see more hydro guyz

Thanks for pming the mods. I realized my mistake and then I had no idea how to contact them lol. I'm hoping to get some peppers soon, I've had so much ups and downs and bud drop :/

Got about 10 or more blossoms, tapping them and letting the little cloud of pollen drop out. One of them is starting to close up. Hopefully it's gonna get me a pepper.

My other plant has some dark roots and very minimal slime. This is like the 4th time in 2 months or less and it's getting discouraging, but I'm trying something new. Normally I dunk the bottom of the roots in H2O2 but this time I put it in a bucket and filled it to the top with water and H2O2. I will repot the plant with new hydroton and put it back in the DWC and then run some H2O2 for a week until my change is due. I am also probably gonna move the problem plant into soil if this happens again.

hAaLAPU.jpg

mZWAT8x.jpg

aJWBD5O.jpg

l5PMcqK.jpg

I need to lower the plant to the ground because I can't raise the lights anymore. But I do have quite a few peppers. Does anyone experience bud drop when transplanting to soil and moving outside?

VW3bJOw.jpg

fj1ZmTD.jpg

Great looking plants Matthew.  
Hope you get the slime monster defeated!

So my plant got way too big and the light wasn't enough and they started stretching and basically turned into a vine and was wrapping around its own branches.

B4WDZ88.jpg

So then I put it in a 5 gallon and put it outside today. I made a little trellis and slinged the branches that are all over the place.

cuSrXY0.jpg

I must have lost 20 blossoms, mostly ones already bloomed. It sucks but hydro is a pain and for my next grow I'm only gonna run one type of pepper. The plant doesn't have the fan running anymore since its outside and at close up the blossoms are putting off this amazing fruity pineapple smell.

Also I lost about 6 rockwool seedlings from letting them dry out. I've just been so busy with homework and school everyday. :(

I have to flush my hydro system and get it ready for something else now. I might just drop some of the seedlings I have in it.

Back