• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Matt's 2012 Grow Log

Ok, here we go again, another year, time for more peppers. I have about 11 plants I stupidly started back in September because I have alot of self control issues when it comes to planting pepper seeds. Anyways, they are doing well but I need to get my grow table in the back room cleaned off, clean the 3 flouro lights and get them back where they can get bigger. I need their space for new recruits.

This year's plan is to build the garden boxes up 6" higher along the back fence, adding some more composted material and plant almost everything in the ground. Seemed the ones in the pots last year didnt like the heat much and they needed watering more frequently, plus they are a pain to mow around.

7 Trinidad Scorpion Butch T's
IMG_0001-6.jpg

The Hydro Butch T
IMG_0005-4.jpg

3 7Pot Yellow I put 2 of them into cut down Coke 2 litres, just wanted to see how the roots progress, I think its cool to watch.
IMG_0002-5.jpg

The new guys, Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon, Bombay Morich, Naga Morich, 7 Pot Yellow BS (The Forum's Pepper in rockwool) and NuMex Twilight (these 6 will go into pots)
IMG_0003-7.jpg

The Rockwool kids, 7 Pot Douglah, 7 Pot Barrackpore, 7 Pot Jonah, 7 Pot Primo, 7 Pot Yellow BS, 7 Pot Bubblegum, Chocolate Scorpion, TS Morouga, Spanish Naga and Naga Viper
IMG_0004-4.jpg

I am going to wait (trying hard here) til end of February to start my No Heat Japs, Giant Japs, Banana Peppers, Beaver Dam Peppers and then mid March I am going to start my tomatoes. So for now this is all, will update weekly or atleast try to.

I really slacked off on this one peoples. Been nearly 3 months since I updated but here goes, lots to show...
These are scorpions, butch t's, morugas and chocolates...
FenceOutside.jpg

The 7 Pots...
Barrackpore and Primo...
BarrackporeJonahs.jpg

Bubblegums and Whites...
BubblegumWhite.jpg

Jonahs and Douglahs...
DouglahPrimos.jpg

The Nagas...
Bhut Jolokias (I think they are crossed cause they look odd)...
Bhut.jpg

Indian Carbon and Naga Morich...
BhutICNagaMorich.jpg

Bombay Morich and Spanish Naga...
BombaySpanish.jpg

Zavory, Jalapenos, Trinidad Cherry, Scorpion Sweet and a sole BS Yellow...
FenceInside.jpg

The 2 on the left are Orchid Peppers, freebie from Pepperlover order and the one on the right is a BS Red...
Orchids.jpg

Orchid Pod...
Orchid1.jpg

everything looks great- can you tell me more about your hydro routine? what kind of nutes and how much? also, what soil are you using and what are you feeding the seedling? sorry for all the questions, im new to this and your setup is almost exactly what ive been putting together.
thanks

I'm reviving this old thread, as its time for me to germinate pepper seeds for the upcoming season early enough. I have a ton of seeds from my garden that I cleaned and saved too that I might start. My question is, how is anyone running dwc safely outside since it requires electricity for the air pump? I'm sure that there is a limit to the air tube length. I want to use the abundant sun I get on the uncovered deck and not start any house fires. I also dont want to run tubes out windows or have to drill through the wall.
thanks in advance
J

Back