• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

May I (re)introduce you to: the "Swineapple"

http://imgur.com/gallery/afmArNw

:drool: 

I would probably do this with a small pork loin in the middle, dry rubbed in brown sugar, black pepper, mustard flour and dried scotch bonnets. 

Soon. I will make this soon. Why did I never think of stuffing a pineapple and wrapping it in bacon?!?! I fucking love pineapple!!!! 

afmArNw.jpg

:woohoo: 

grantmichaels said:
This thing's got insane meme momentum ...

No matter, but this is it's 3rd thread ... which I'm not complaining about, I'm rather noting it's meme potential ...

You in, LD, 3rd to take it on? ... I think Booma, myself, and possibly tctenten have all decided to take a stab at it ...

What am I, chopped liver? Count me in for the pork-U-Pine throwdown!

They probably just carved the skin off and split it down the middle minus the very top and carved the core out. My guess, there's splits down the sides of the pineapple it looks like.

If I had one i'd just cut the bottom off, hit it with a pineapple corer, stuff it with what ever then peel skin off and wrap in bacon. 

D3monic said:
They probably just carved the skin off and split it down the middle minus the very top and carved the core out. My guess, there's splits down the sides of the pineapple it looks like

That was my guess on theirs, too

only if you use raw pineapple..  enzymes are neutralized with heat..   quick braise on the  pineapple  with maybe some Bourbon, and spices  would take care of that.   :shh:

if someone perhaps had a gadget like an ISI bottle.. they could nitrogen infuse some spices and chiles into the bourbon  ..   

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
Heard if you dont sear whatever's inside 1st it'll come out mushy.

Cast iron skillet. Bam!

That's exactly what I was thinking with my original question about pre-cooking the meat.

Back