• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hybrid maybe a crossed banana pepper?

ok well i have 6 banana pepper plants growing, and all havehad a very heavy yeild so far. but i noticed somthing....some look like there turning a very deep purple...there not rotten and are about 5 inches long. not every plant is doing this. and belive it or not there pretty spicy...like a nice tabasco pepper. some arealso curling upwards, and some are just kinda "twisty and deformed looking" they taste great and im very please but are they upposed to do this?

My bananas did that too. The purple coloring an twisty pods. I think the coloring was due to cold temps because that's when it started happening. Don't know what the wierd shaped were from.

Are you sure they're bananas? Hungarian hot wax is basically a spicy banana.

they said "banana peppers" on the tag....not saying its right but thats what it said. also i dont think mine are turning purple from the cold...its been in the 90's here non stop. do you have an acuall picture of the hot wax?

they did this to me too. I had some b anna seeds i just scattered in the back. i didnt know they sprout until one day i went and i saw hem they were all twist and curling like. One plant i moved to the front. And when it produced again the pods were straight. Maybe cuz i treat it good. It needs some tlc.

Purple i have not experianced yet though.

Purple is likely anthocyanin from sun exposure. Its not a bad thing, its like a plant's sun-tan and its actaully high in antioxidants.

Back