• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

condiment McCormick Fiery 5 Pepper rub

This is from McCormick's Grill Mates lines of rubs and seasoning mixes. Came in a 3oz plastic jar with a shaker lid. Brick red, with a mix of granules from small grains of salt to larger bits of dried onion and peppers. Has texture to it, not just a powder. Looks good.

Ingredients: Sea salt, spices (Including ancho chili, chipolte flakes, cayenne pepper, roasted chili pepper, black pepper and oregano), unrefined sugar, garlic, onion, red bell pepper, citric acid, natural flavors, and extractives of paprika.

I've used it on steaks and other cuts of beef, pork chops, and chicken now. Despite the name and presence of cayenne in the ingredients, there's almost no heat to it. What it does have, though, is a great smokey pepper taste that I like. I picked it up on a whim at a store that was having a half off sale on spices and seasonings, and don't regret it.

Next up: Mixing in some powdered habanero in to give it some heat.

I've had it & it's outstanding. All of their rubs are good but I think most seem especially well suited to beef. I've tried them on pork & it's too overpowering - chicken is good but I prefer different seasonings when I BBQ chicken.

They make terrific meat rubs though for a big company. I have a CostCo-sized Montreal seasoning at home right now. :cheers:

Back