• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

McDermotts Field #3

looking good and great to see you again, yours are about as tall as mine are at this time
looking great indeed

do they have any pods yet many of mine do but nothing ripe yet

thanks your friend Joe

TONS of pods..problem is after 3 weeks of getting rained on..it finally dried..and now its highs in low 70s and nights are down to 50s. It has really slowed the ripening process. Hoping for warmer weather. But it could be worse..Wisconsin folks are getting down into the 40's.

Thanks Joe

That field looks righteous! You mentioned I think on your profile that you have about 5 acres, correct?

mmcdermott1 said:
TONS of pods..problem is after 3 weeks of getting rained on..it finally dried..and now its highs in low 70s and nights are down to 50s. It has really slowed the ripening process. Hoping for warmer weather. But it could be worse..Wisconsin folks are getting down into the 40's.

Thanks Joe
YEAH I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN, ITS COOLED SOME HERE TOO!! however not as much as others

it 72 right now at night its bee cooler but nothing to worry too much over im sure it will warm again as august progresses it is always been known to be the hottest month of the year but its been stinking hot for weeks at a time here

im sure things will improve keep your chin up

thanks your friend Joe

mmcdermott1 said:
We are right around 6.5 this year. Should have around 17 next year and I THINK we found 40 more acres for 2015..crossing fingers.

Very cool! I wish I could afford that much land right this second, but who knows, I may just hit the lotto jackpot Wednesday :)

very nice mmcdermotts, keep up the good work and i do catch the odd pepper review and think your family is great!

i was going to mention that you might give spiceychicken a run for the money but you guys have radically different growing styles that i couldn't compare...... so, like you both equally.

thanks for sharing

SC is one of a kind! His round grow boxes are the bomb. Very cool

Thank you

Elcap, we will only be leasing the 40 acres. Right now it is on a CRP (govt program) and those cheapos only pay $90 an acres. Typically around here leased land is about $400-$500 per acre. So even if we double the price they are getting...it is still more than 1/2 off the going rate plus it already has a well we can use for drip tape and the bonus is that it is only about 3 miles from the house  :onfire:

i just realized youtube screwed my video up and only did 38 seconds..its a 10 minute video lol
Try again soon...

mmcdermott1 said:
Elcap, we will only be leasing the 40 acres. Right now it is on a CRP (govt program) and those cheapos only pay $90 an acres. Typically around here leased land is about $400-$500 per acre. So even if we double the price they are getting...it is still more than 1/2 off the going rate plus it already has a well we can use for drip tape and the bonus is that it is only about 3 miles from the house  :onfire:

Since I have no experience with leased land, is that the amount per season?

I just tried to watch the video and it says it's "private".  ?  ? ?

yea i goofed up the last one. only showed 38 seconds..

here you go
elcap1999 said:

Since I have no experience with leased land, is that the amount per season?

Yup. Those are the prices around here per year. Some land owners also take a % of the crop money also but not always. In my case they dont.

mmcdermott1 said:

Thanks Joe
That's weird, because since it has cooled off here, my small collection has kicked into overtime with the ripening.  Nice set up!  I wish I had 5 acres to work with.

Back