Meat grinders

Don't buy this one, it's a POS.

https://www.amazon.com/Weston-36-2201-W-Deluxe-Manual-Grinder/dp/B01ENDOC0S/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1511906440&sr=8-8&keywords=weston+22+meat+grinder

615oqYx3KmL._SX355_.jpg

Looking for suggestions? As I still need a grinder and this is just a canoe anchor.

It's the same one I use and it's a bitch. I made about 75 sausages with it one time and my arm was numb for days. The key is to make sure the meat is really really cold. almost frozen. But it still sucks. I don't have a suggestions on any good ones but I've been looking at the electric ones at bass pro shop. Expensive though. Heres a little redneck fix though. Change the bolt that holds the crank handle on and use a power drill to make it turn. It works

I'm gonna go with Muskys recommendation. LEM only puts out the best, and that's a great price for an electric machine.
The only caution that I'd give is to watch out for plastic gear sets. It's becoming the norm for the lower priced electrics.
I have a Big Bite #8 and is 10 times the machine I need and is a pain in the ass to move around and clean.

They also offer a manual grinder for around the same price in SS if you want to go that route
http://www.lemproducts.com/product/stainless-steel-clamp-on-hand-grinder/butcher-meat-grinders

HopsNBarley said:
The only caution that I'd give is to watch out for plastic gear sets. It's becoming the norm for the lower priced electrics.

I don't like the idea of plastic gears, but mine don't even look worn. I'm guessing most of the people that strip them out are doing something wrong (like putting the blade in backwards).

The Hot Pepper said:
Agree LEM is a good brand. Email them and ask them for open box specials or scratch and dent and they will email u back a special price list.

I'm going to give that a try just to see what they have. Thanks!

+1 on the LEM big bite, but again, depends on the amounts.
I bought the #8, which is overkill for my needs.The #5 is adequate for the typical home user, but the 8 will definitely be faster. 

Back