smoking Meat Rub

hello everybody

Glad to see some post.......and thank you for the welcome. I have a lot of questions.....which I am sure you all have either asked or answered before. But I need spice bottle caps....and trust me I am no millionare....so I dont really need 14000 at a time. What I do need are some 43-485 sifters and closers...nothing special...no flip tops or anything like that...but I would love orange....yellow ...black and green. Anyone have an ideas where to begin? I will keep it with that for now....dont want to scare anyone with all my other questions.

Thanks, and keep it spicy,

Howie: :
:hell:

Dyce try Oregon Spice Co, I just finished doing a 500lb batch with them and they are great. As far as labels go, if you go with a co-packer the beauty is they provide all the info you need to your label Co, but be sure to check not only the FDA requirements, but you state requirements as well. As far as storage goes, check to see if it can be stored in a climate controlled storage facillity, thats is where I keep all of my products. Im doing business in California, I can't imagine any state being stricter! Hope this helps a bit....feel free to contact me if you have any questions, I just finished all of this FINALLY so I can sympathize with what you are going through.

Dyce,

I was talking with my son about doing catering for events (he's an unemployed chef at the moment) and he told me he could prepare the food here (in my house) but the kitchen would have to be inspected by the health department and pass the inspection. In theory, he says it's possible but in practice it is extremely hard. Plus, there are zoning issues which may or may not apply.

An avenue that you may wish to explore is Farmer's Markets. AFAIK, you can sell rubs there without worry.

Mike

Back