• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Meatfreak's 2016 GloG

Later as usual, I started the 2016 tonight. Reason for this cause I'm growing out mostly crosses and I don't want to much yield (that I need to process :P) All in all I still ended up with 45 varieties and was aiming for 30... oh well  
icon_lol.gif
 Here is the list.

Bubblegum 7 White F-2
Bubblegum 7 White v2 F-2
Chiltepin Cappuccino
Chupetinha Orange
Gnarly White Habanero
MFPJ10 F-2
MFPJ12 F-2
MFPJ15 F-2
MFPJ18 F-2
MFPJ19 F-2
MFPJ2 F-2
MFPJ21 F-2
MFPJ23 #1 F-3
MFPJ23 #2 F-2
MFPJ24 #2 F-2
MFPJ24 #3 F-2
MFPJ25 F-1
MFPJ26 #1 F-2
MFPJ26 #2 F-2
MFPJ27 F-2
MFPJ28 #2 F-2
MFPJ28 #3 F-2
MFPJ29 F-2
MFPJ3 F-2
MFPJ30 F-2
MFPJ31 F-1
MFPJ32 #1 F-3
MFPJ32 #3 F-2
MFPJ35 F-2
MFPJ36 F-1
MFPJ37 F-1
MFPJ40 F-1
MFPJ41 F-1
MFPJ42 F-1
MFPJ43 F-1
MFPJ44 F-1
MFPJ49 F-1
MFPJ5 F-3
MFPJ9 #1 F-2
MFPJ9 #2 F-2
Numex Jalapeño Lemon Spice
Numex Jalapeño Orange Spice
Numex Jalapeño Pumpkin Spice
PI 441598 x BBG7 F-2
Pimenta Lisa F-4

MFPJ is short for MeatFreak ProJect. These are my crosses/projects. Think I sowed about 500 seeds in total, big numbers on the crosses to see the possible different phenotypes.

FreeportBum said:
You put up a pic of a Jalapeno I think once that had purple streaking inside? any info? thank you 
GA Growhead said:
It's a purple jalabanero cross. I grew out ten f3s last year and only two plants kept that trait. Hoping for a high percentage this year with F4s.

Yep that's correct. Must have been crossed somewhere, when I grew it out I got one that was quite different.

IMAG3172.jpg

Ripe pods looked like this but purple streaking was inside the pod.
IMAG3539.jpg

moruga welder said:
Wishing you the best of grows !     :onfire:
Thanks man! :)

After merely 4 days a lot of seeds are germinating already. Need to fix my light setup soon so they can get the extra boost.

meatfreak said:

Yep that's correct. Must have been crossed somewhere, when I grew it out I got one that was quite different.

IMAG3172.jpg

Ripe pods looked like this but purple streaking was inside the pod.
IMAG3539.jpg

Thanks man! :)

After merely 4 days a lot of seeds are germinating already. Need to fix my light setup soon so they can get the extra boost.
very cool thanks for posting

meatfreak said:
Good to see you here as well, how have you been! :)

I'm doing really well! Thanks! I got 60+ maters in the dirt and the peppers go in on the 15th. Been busy as heck catching up after my "endeavors", I'm hoping by mid summer to be back on track with everything that needs catching up around here.

Chewi said:
Was wondering when this glog would begin! Quite the list you have. Happy growing Stefan!

Devv said:

I'm doing really well! Thanks! I got 60+ maters in the dirt and the peppers go in on the 15th. Been busy as heck catching up after my "endeavors", I'm hoping by mid summer to be back on track with everything that needs catching up around here.
Happy to hear your doing well! Sounds like your well on track again :) Enjoy the endeavors and see you soon :D

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
those pods look awesome!!.. hope you have an awesome grow year!
Essegi said:
Good luck! This gowing will be unique with so many original crosses!
Thanks, hopefully it will pay off :)

windchicken said:
Seeds from your F3 Plant #2, Stefan  :P :

mfp-j11_mar6.jpg
Those are some beautiful plants, Gary. I'm glad your growing these as I didn't sow them myself this year  :shh:

Ha!  I've done that, too, plant many, many seeds in a single cell.  Are you going to thin them or pot them all?  Your seeds have been the first to pop for me.  I planted them last Tuesday and they started popping on Sunday.

What's the flavor like on that stripped jalapeño?

Sawyer said:
Ha!  I've done that, too, plant many, many seeds in a single cell.  Are you going to thin them or pot them all?  Your seeds have been the first to pop for me.  I planted them last Tuesday and they started popping on Sunday.

What's the flavor like on that stripped jalapeño?
Not gonna thin them out, will transplant them all together. Nature will work it out :) Almost everything was germinated here within 2 weeks, except the Chiltepin that was 15 days :P The flavor of that striped Jalapeno was identical to me with an Red Habanero but less heat.

Back