• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Megamastger71 harvest 10-25-2008

Dear friends, this is my sixth harvest ... the first place in this forum ....
are little more than 12 kg

2971795426_4bb441b98e.jpg

cari amici questo è il mio sesto raccolto ... il primo che posto in questo forum ....
sono poco più di 12 kg

excellent harvest and full of color Megamastger...

Impressive harvest, man! I'd have trouble "getting rid" of 12 kg of pods all at once to be honest! Looks like you're going to be busy! What are you going to do with all these chilis?

is my first year of cultivation ... and I have exaggerated .... I thought that would be born a few plants ..... instead :lol:

my answer is: I do not know :lol::oops::shocked:

è il mio primo anno di coltivazione ... ed ho esagerato .... pensavo che sarebbero nate poche piante ..... invece
la mia risposta è: non lo so

Well, I hope you own a dehydrator! If you don't it might be a good idea to get one! :lol:

...unless you have a giant freezer maybe!?

This is my sixth harvest .....
in total 36 kg
I did everything
powder ... sauce ... in vinegar ... creme oil ... frozen
I have given many
I do not know what to do more
I will likely go dry ... the powder is the one that occupies less space

questo è il mio sesto raccolto .....
in totale sono 36 kg
ho fatto tutto
polvere ... salsa ... sotto aceto ... creme sott'olio ... congelati
tanti ne ho regalati
non so più cosa fare
probabilmente li farò seccare ... la polvere è quella che occupa meno spazio

megamastger71 said:
This is my sixth harvest .....

I will likely go dry ... the powder is the one that occupies less space

Awesome harvest! I too am a fan of powder. It has spatial practicality and I find it easier to incorporate into my dishes. Especially because once you have made the powder there is no processing to be done when you want to use it. Simply a shake of the wrist and you're set.

I think that fresh pods (or frozen ones) add more aroma than just heat to a meal when used in cooking. Don't get me wrong, I am making powder, too but I am also freezing a lot of pods to be able to add them to my chili, sauces or whatever when I can't harvest fresh ones.

Chiliac said:
I think that fresh pods (or frozen ones) add more aroma than just heat to a meal when used in cooking.

I completely agree with you. I packed the little bit of freezer space I had, but for me the practicality including the ease of use push me towards powders. It is early in my pepper growing career though. We may be having a different conversation 10 years from now.

Chiliac said:
Ooookay, let's discuss this again in 2018! :)

I wonder if THP saves threads that long. Imagine seeing this one get activated in 2018 after not being looked at for 10 years.

Josh said:
I wonder if THP saves threads that long. Imagine seeing this one get activated in 2018 after not being looked at for 10 years.

I just did! :)

Not sure how long threads will be saved, but atm every single word ever posted here is still there I think and THP has been around for a couple of years already.

Maybe we can make this thread get some special status...

I also prefer them fresh ..... I have a freezer and have frozen many kilos ... but the space is just .... I made so many creams ..... very good ... but in the end I do dust ... for a problem of space ...

Then the jars of many colors are beautiful to see

Margarida hello ... pleasure to see you again :)

anche io li preferisco freschi ..... ho un freezer e ne ho congelati molti chili ... ma lo spazio è poco .... ho fatto tante creme ..... buonissime ... ma alla fine devo fare polvere ... per un problema di spazio ...

poi i vasetti di tanti colori sono belli da vedere

ciao margarida ... piacere di vederti anche qui

Josh said:
We just need to give it a bump once a year until then.

'kay, whose turn will it be in 2009?

megamastger71 said:
I also prefer them fresh ..... I have a freezer and have frozen many kilos ... but the space is just .... I made so many creams ..... very good ... but in the end I do dust ... for a problem of space ...

Then the jars of many colors are beautiful to see

I know what you mean! I can't freeze as many peppers as I'd like to, so I need to dehydrate the rest or make sauces, pickle them etc... I'd freeze many more if I could!

Back