• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Melissa77754 2012 Glog

Hey Everyone
icon_smile.gif

So I figured it is about time I start a Grow log of my own and I will do my very best to keep it up to date. With two kiddos and a massive amount of plants my days can be pretty hectic. I grew jalapenos and serranos last season, had a decent harvest considering the small pot size I used. In July I met a nice lady giving away hot pepper seeds to newbies on GW, decided to give them a try, August met Smokemaster through a generous SASBE offer and the rest is history!! lol

I started a batch in late August so I have some "overwinters" if you will, living in SoCal I can grow year round with the right protection from time to time. I started out with a cheap 12'x7' hoop house and when the winds thrashed that I bought two 6x8 with shelving, still the cheaper plastic hot house type but the shelving makes it heavy and the winds don't phase it. I also have a 6x6 indoor tent with a 4 bulb T5 and 2 monster size CFL's. The growth indoors versus out does not even compare, T5's are amazing! Have to thank my bro for giving me that fixture.

I am hoping I didn't bite off more than I can chew being it's my first real season growing super hots mainly. I plan to sell some plants along the way to help fund my pepper growing addiction
icon_smile.gif
My log will be pretty picture heavy which I am sure most will not mind! Enjoy and happy pepper growing to everyone!!
dancingpepper.gif

My grow list (Still need to add, started some more trays after creating this list and haven't had time to update)

"CLUBBED" SCOTCH BONNET (rec'd in trade from canada, this is the shape he explained thus the name)
7 POT PRIMO
7 POD BURGUNDY
7 POT BARRACKPORE
7 POT BROWN
7 POT JONAH BUTCH T
7 POT MOROUGA YELLOW
7 POT ORANGE
7 POT RED
7 POT YELLOW
7 POT YELLOW LARGE
AJI JOE CHOCOLATE HAND GRENADE
AJI LIMON
AJI UMBA
ANCHO MULATO
ARBOL
ARIBIBI GUSANO
BEAVER DAM
BENI HIGHLANDS
BETH MYSTERY PACK
BHUT JOLOKIA
BHUT JOLOKIA INDIAN CARBON
BHUT JOLOKIA PURPLE
BIG JIM
BIKER BILLY
BIQUINHO
BIRGITS LOCOTO
BLACK NAGA JOLOKIA
BRAIN STRAIN
BRAIN STRAIN SR
CANTINA YELLOW
CARRIBEAN RED
CASCABELLA
CAYENNE GOLDEN
CHAPAEU DE FRADE
CHOCOLATE BHUT JOLOKIA
CHOCOLATE HABANERO
CHOCOLATE SCOTCH BONNET
CHOCOLATE T.S.
CONGO BLACK
CONGO RED
COSTENNO AMARILLO
DATIL
DOUGHLAH
DOUGHLAH X BUTCH T
EARBOB PI59272
EL ORO DE EQUADOR
FATALLI
GIANT JALAPENO
GRENADA YELLOW SEASONING
GUYANA PI199506
GUERRITO
HABANERO BIG SUN
HAROLD ST BARTS
HOT HUNGARIAN
INFINITY
JAMAICAN YELLOW
JIMMY NARDELLO
LIGHTNING MIX
MADAME JEANETTE
MANZANO RED
MANZANO AMARILLO
MANZANO ORANGE
MARCONI ROSSO
MOROUGA YELLOW
MYSTERY
NAGA MORICH
NAGABON
NUMEX SANDIA
NUMEX TWILIGHT
ORANGE THAI
PADRON
PEACH BHUT JOLOKIA
PEACH HABALOKIA
PEACH LANTERN
PEACH SCORPANERO
PERUVIAN GOLD
PINK HABANERO
PURPLE BHUT JOLOKIA
QUEEN LAURIE PI1281405
RED FATALLI
RED HABANERO
RED ROCOTO
RED SAVINA
SANTAKA ASIAN
SCOTCH BONNET
SUPERHOT SURPRISE
SUPREME MIX
SURINAME HABANERO
T.S. BUTCH T
T.S. MOROUGA
TOBAGO SCOTCH BONNET
TRINIDAD BEAN
TRINIDAD MOROVAS
TRINIDAD SCORPION
TRINIDAD SEASONING
TRINIDAD SWEET CHERRY
WHIT 7 POD
YELLOW HABALOKIA
YELLOW 7 POT LRG
YELLOW 7 POT X ?
YELLOW BHUT JOLOKIA
YELLOW BRAIN STRAIN
YELLOW T.S.

MY CHOCOLATE HAB IS LOADED WITH FLOWERS!
IMG_2779.jpg

IMG_2777.jpg

RED HABANERO
IMG_2787.jpg

the yellow and purple one is actually a cross, it looks like a VARIAGATED TRICOLOR CROSSED WITH ??

I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I DID NOT GROW ANYTHING THAT REMOTLY SIMIILAR

MELISSA YOU SHOULD GIVE IT A NAME lol NO REALY!

THAT IS ONE REALLY NICE PLANT

THANKS YOUR FRIEND jOE

you are a machine melissa damn :) garden is looking good

A machine, I like the sound of that! haha, thanks! ;)

looking great melissa

i think the purple one may be PURPLE PERU

WAIT AND SEE WHEN IT FRUITS!! as well as the others i will do my very best to id them for you

thanks you made my day ;) :party:

yourt friend Joe

the yellow and purple one is actually a cross, it looks like a VARIAGATED TRICOLOR CROSSED WITH ??

I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I DID NOT GROW ANYTHING THAT REMOTLY SIMIILAR

MELISSA YOU SHOULD GIVE IT A NAME lol NO REALY!

THAT IS ONE REALLY NICE PLANT

THANKS YOUR FRIEND jOE

Hi Joe! Thanks so much for stopping in! :) That plant actually came from seeds I took out of a random dried pod from Smokemaster, he was thinking it was a cross at first but leaning more towards Black Scorpion Tongue now. I have two going, 1 in the ground which is the picture you saw and another in a 10 ga. The pods start off yellow and turn completely purple after the yellow/purple stage. Absolutely beautiful plant, even if the peppers aren't tasty I will still grow it just because I love the way it looks! But I do have many many plants started from seeds received from you, some I purchased right before you stopped selling and some are from SASBE offers. I have one with a pod set now that came from your supreme mix, I will take a picture of it tomorrow for you. I stumbled upon chiligrower.com last night and happened to see some pics you posted, the Peach Trinidad Scorpion was beautiful! I can't wait till mine set fruit now, going to be an exciting season! :D

Here is what the pod looks like after the yellow/purple striped stage. Deep purple, very pretty.
IMG_2881.jpg

Take care Joe! ;)

Nice pics... I like the lighter pepper. Is that an annuum? I always have to get a finger involved in my flower shots.... Crummy cell cam. This pepper photography is hampering my criminal life. My fingerprints are on full display. Good luck with your season and with identifying your mystery plants.

Hi there, thanks for stopping in! I believe the lighter pepper is an annum, still figuring it all out. I was taking cell pics too, then last week took out the digital cam and now I don't want to go back to cell pics! lol. Good luck with your season as well! :)

your welcome

great im growing the blk scorp tongue also and also have two plants now im pumped about it to, i can see its a bush plant so its going the bush plant row

yes post a pic im sure i can help

yes the peach t scorp is very nice this is my second year for it

i got it by accident from seeds my friend gave me from the 2009 chilefest in bowers pa, oddly enough my friend lost it 2 years ago and got it back because i grew it in 2011, i give hime seeds to start it again, quite a nice windfall concidering i only had one plant

please keep in touch

thanks your friend Joe

your welcome

great im growing the blk scorp tongue also and also have two plants now im pumped about it to, i can see its a bush plant so its going the bush plant row

yes post a pic im sure i can help

yes the peach t scorp is very nice this is my second year for it

i got it by accident from seeds my friend gave me from the 2009 chilefest in bowers pa, oddly enough my friend lost it 2 years ago and got it back because i grew it in 2011, i give hime seeds to start it again, quite a nice windfall concidering i only had one plant

please keep in touch

thanks your friend Joe

Your friend is very lucky you had seeds! And I am lucky to have been able to buy a few off you before you stopped selling, it was about 2 weeks later that you made that announcement. Very happy to have the opportunity to grow out some of your seeds, I will keep in touch as the season progresses so you can see the beautiful plants your seeds produce. :)

Melissa

This plant came from Aji Joe's supreme mix, has one pod set but too small for identification at this point. I just put it in the ground a week ago.
IMG_2975.jpg

IMG_2976.jpg

Two flowers open on Aji Joe Chocolate Hand Grenade
IMG_2974.jpg

My Cantina Yellow is loading up and every pod gets a nice sun tan :cool:
IMG_2972.jpg

My Purple Bhut in a 5ga root pouch, losing more and more of the purple tint to it's leaves now that it is outdoors.
IMG_2980.jpg

I have no idea what this is but I thought it was a cool pic
IMG_2981.jpg

Upskirt of a red manzano, the branching on these are insane!
IMG_2990.jpg

yes i was glad i was glad i could help him with the seeds seeds, as for the for the blk scorp, i got mine from smokemaster also

im so glad that i could help and to see the excitment you bring to this makes my day

again im very glad to do it

your pics are awesome

thanks your friend Joe

Wow! This thread is addictive! Job well done, Melissa.

It is such a great reference source to identifying so many of the varieties of peppers we read about on this forum.

It's raining here in south central Texas and I'm indoors so I am going to plant pepper seeds right now.

Thanks for the thread.

Wow! This thread is addictive! Job well done, Melissa.

It is such a great reference source to identifying so many of the varieties of peppers we read about on this forum.

It's raining here in south central Texas and I'm indoors so I am going to plant pepper seeds right now.

Thanks for the thread.

Thanks so much, I appreciate it! Farming at this level is very hard and time consuming, but yet so rewarding to see the fruits of my labor. Peppers are beautiful plants. What better to do if you can't be outside, plant seeds! I like your thinking! :)

Melissa

Soooo I went outside today and noticed my first Birgits Locoto pod!!
IMG_2994.jpg

Look at da roooots! :)
IMG_2996.jpg

IMG_2998.jpg

Ancho Red
IMG_2999.jpg

nice root ball...and i saw your organic manzano at FB today at xtreme gardening...ive been wanting to try that for the longest ..but cant find any retailer here in hawaii..its to expensive for shipping when i try to order

nice root ball...and i saw your organic manzano at FB today at xtreme gardening...ive been wanting to try that for the longest ..but cant find any retailer here in hawaii..its to expensive for shipping when i try to order

I love the mykos, and want to try some of their other products but don't want to buy a full bag YET. Glad they shared that picture, Manzanos are beautiful plants! Have you tried Amazon? I buy my mykos from there, cheapest I have found. Or Ebay, maybe somebody in Hawaii is selling on there?

Yet another fantastic update friend! Looks like the weather is finally on out side!

You heading back home soon Shane? We need a pic update! :D The weather is definitely on our side, shouldn't be any more road blocks from here on out. Well, until we get some extreme 100 day temps! lol. It's going to be a hot summer! :)

Melissa

I love the mykos, and want to try some of their other products but don't want to buy a full bag YET. Glad they shared that picture, Manzanos are beautiful plants! Have you tried Amazon? I buy my mykos from there, cheapest I have found. Or Ebay, maybe somebody in Hawaii is selling on there?

You heading back home soon Shane? We need a pic update! :D The weather is definitely on our side, shouldn't be any more road blocks from here on out. Well, until we get some extreme 100 day temps! lol. It's going to be a hot summer! :)

Melissa
Home now! Already posted one! More to come this weekend! Most of mine get some shade during the worst parts of the day. I may add some shade cloths for July/August, but I think I'll do ok without.

Home now! Already posted one! More to come this weekend! Most of mine get some shade during the worst parts of the day. I may add some shade cloths for July/August, but I think I'll do ok without.

I just saw your update, looking good! I think I kinda shot myself in the foot when trimming this large tree in my backyard, that large bed gets full sun almost all day. I am sure I will have to buy some shade cloth now, the sun is already a little brutal at times but they are trucking through and getting larger. Things are getting really exciting now! :)

ive been looking in all nursery and hydros shops here and they dont have it yet, but the hydro store told me they might get some.....i dont have any manzanos to grow :(...and yea theyre beautiful plants

ive been looking in all nursery and hydros shops here and they dont have it yet, but the hydro store told me they might get some.....i dont have any manzanos to grow :(...and yea theyre beautiful plants

No Manzanos to grow, what a shame! PM me ur address, I will send you a couple different manzano/rocotto seeds. :)

Wow awesome pics your gonna be having some Mega harvests soon! i like the look of that ancho red! and ofcourse those purple pods are incredible. great job keep the updates comin!

Wow awesome pics your gonna be having some Mega harvests soon! i like the look of that ancho red! and ofcourse those purple pods are incredible. great job keep the updates comin!

Thanks for always taking a look BeeHunter! :) I sure hope I have some harvests soon, tire of buying peppers at the market! lol

My Purple Bhut, getting bigger and I am loving the purple! So glad I grew this one!
IMG_3003.jpg

Another mystery, in a 1ga pot flowering like mad! Next year I will do a better job of labeling, I started using the popsicle sticks way late and my old labels fell off.
IMG_3005.jpg

Yellow Habalokia in a 3ga root pouch, I think I am going to upgrade this one to a 10ga root pouch!
IMG_3006.jpg

For anyone that has grown Padrons before. WHEN should I pick them? I read that everyone picks them green, but wondering how large they should get before picking? Can't wait to fry up some for tapas! :) I have four in the ground and 1 in a #15 pot.
IMG_3008.jpg

IMG_3010.jpg

Another mystery in the ground, can't believe I missed this one! Never even noticed the tons of pods set until today! lol
IMG_3011.jpg

I swear I think every flower on this Black scorpion tongue in the ground has set, it is loaded! Pretty purple pepper pics shouldn't be too far off! :D
IMG_3013.jpg

I have red manzano pods set now! It's crazy how quickly these guys load up once they flower! Love em!
IMG_3017.jpg

Mystery chinense out front has a pod set, and many more on the way!
IMG_3018.jpg

IMG_3019.jpg

Back