• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Melissa77754 2012 Glog

Hey Everyone
icon_smile.gif

So I figured it is about time I start a Grow log of my own and I will do my very best to keep it up to date. With two kiddos and a massive amount of plants my days can be pretty hectic. I grew jalapenos and serranos last season, had a decent harvest considering the small pot size I used. In July I met a nice lady giving away hot pepper seeds to newbies on GW, decided to give them a try, August met Smokemaster through a generous SASBE offer and the rest is history!! lol

I started a batch in late August so I have some "overwinters" if you will, living in SoCal I can grow year round with the right protection from time to time. I started out with a cheap 12'x7' hoop house and when the winds thrashed that I bought two 6x8 with shelving, still the cheaper plastic hot house type but the shelving makes it heavy and the winds don't phase it. I also have a 6x6 indoor tent with a 4 bulb T5 and 2 monster size CFL's. The growth indoors versus out does not even compare, T5's are amazing! Have to thank my bro for giving me that fixture.

I am hoping I didn't bite off more than I can chew being it's my first real season growing super hots mainly. I plan to sell some plants along the way to help fund my pepper growing addiction
icon_smile.gif
My log will be pretty picture heavy which I am sure most will not mind! Enjoy and happy pepper growing to everyone!!
dancingpepper.gif

My grow list (Still need to add, started some more trays after creating this list and haven't had time to update)

"CLUBBED" SCOTCH BONNET (rec'd in trade from canada, this is the shape he explained thus the name)
7 POT PRIMO
7 POD BURGUNDY
7 POT BARRACKPORE
7 POT BROWN
7 POT JONAH BUTCH T
7 POT MOROUGA YELLOW
7 POT ORANGE
7 POT RED
7 POT YELLOW
7 POT YELLOW LARGE
AJI JOE CHOCOLATE HAND GRENADE
AJI LIMON
AJI UMBA
ANCHO MULATO
ARBOL
ARIBIBI GUSANO
BEAVER DAM
BENI HIGHLANDS
BETH MYSTERY PACK
BHUT JOLOKIA
BHUT JOLOKIA INDIAN CARBON
BHUT JOLOKIA PURPLE
BIG JIM
BIKER BILLY
BIQUINHO
BIRGITS LOCOTO
BLACK NAGA JOLOKIA
BRAIN STRAIN
BRAIN STRAIN SR
CANTINA YELLOW
CARRIBEAN RED
CASCABELLA
CAYENNE GOLDEN
CHAPAEU DE FRADE
CHOCOLATE BHUT JOLOKIA
CHOCOLATE HABANERO
CHOCOLATE SCOTCH BONNET
CHOCOLATE T.S.
CONGO BLACK
CONGO RED
COSTENNO AMARILLO
DATIL
DOUGHLAH
DOUGHLAH X BUTCH T
EARBOB PI59272
EL ORO DE EQUADOR
FATALLI
GIANT JALAPENO
GRENADA YELLOW SEASONING
GUYANA PI199506
GUERRITO
HABANERO BIG SUN
HAROLD ST BARTS
HOT HUNGARIAN
INFINITY
JAMAICAN YELLOW
JIMMY NARDELLO
LIGHTNING MIX
MADAME JEANETTE
MANZANO RED
MANZANO AMARILLO
MANZANO ORANGE
MARCONI ROSSO
MOROUGA YELLOW
MYSTERY
NAGA MORICH
NAGABON
NUMEX SANDIA
NUMEX TWILIGHT
ORANGE THAI
PADRON
PEACH BHUT JOLOKIA
PEACH HABALOKIA
PEACH LANTERN
PEACH SCORPANERO
PERUVIAN GOLD
PINK HABANERO
PURPLE BHUT JOLOKIA
QUEEN LAURIE PI1281405
RED FATALLI
RED HABANERO
RED ROCOTO
RED SAVINA
SANTAKA ASIAN
SCOTCH BONNET
SUPERHOT SURPRISE
SUPREME MIX
SURINAME HABANERO
T.S. BUTCH T
T.S. MOROUGA
TOBAGO SCOTCH BONNET
TRINIDAD BEAN
TRINIDAD MOROVAS
TRINIDAD SCORPION
TRINIDAD SEASONING
TRINIDAD SWEET CHERRY
WHIT 7 POD
YELLOW HABALOKIA
YELLOW 7 POT LRG
YELLOW 7 POT X ?
YELLOW BHUT JOLOKIA
YELLOW BRAIN STRAIN
YELLOW T.S.

MY CHOCOLATE HAB IS LOADED WITH FLOWERS!
IMG_2779.jpg

IMG_2777.jpg

RED HABANERO
IMG_2787.jpg

Wow, it's been awhile...work....who works anymore?..oh wait, yes that's right. You have been lacking the updates for quite the good reason though. I'm sure everything is going wonderfully well. Hope to see an end of season cash crop pic from you Mrs. Melissa. Hope the fam is good and get us some more reviews dammit!

MELISSA, good to see and hear from you! Your grow continues to do great I see. Yeah that work thing kinda gets in the way of the important stuff now and then. Lol.
Anyways great update, glad to see you're still kickin' it!!

Emon

Wow, Melissa, you are taking it to a whole new level! Always
enjoy seeing what's going at your place. You have some
amazing plants, and your garden jungle is just too awesome.

Looks like you are going to go all the way to Christmas pulling
pods. How cool is that? I hope that you aren't too stressed out
with work, fam, and garden! It's all good, but it would be nice
to have some more hours in the day! I can see you are really
enjoying your grow!

Mr. Pots, I'm looking forward to those large 7 pots, let me know when they are ready my brother I'll hook you up with a money order. Thanks again Nick!!!

Beautiful update. The weather there is much better than here in the east coast. I'm so jeally

Thank you Pia! No doubt I am a lucky girl for living in SoCal and growing peppers! Hope all is well with you :)

Some great Peach Bhut Sauce -mmmm.Beautiful pod to match;)...now task of the day ....reach a live human at the cable company!

Well-"for breakfast" was supposed to be in there some...

Glad you liked it Dave! Let me know what you think of the choco scotch/tamarind sauce! Got another shipment in of woozies, Chef Nick will be back in the kitchen whipping up a new batch! :D

Wow, it's been awhile...work....who works anymore?..oh wait, yes that's right. You have been lacking the updates for quite the good reason though. I'm sure everything is going wonderfully well. Hope to see an end of season cash crop pic from you Mrs. Melissa. Hope the fam is good and get us some more reviews dammit!

Work....work....work! I wish I could stay home, but I gotta make that $$$$. :P Everything is going good, I have scaled back a whole lot since I started working. Eliminating the stragglers and unknowns I wasn't too happy with. I will make sure to post up an end of season cash crop for you in a couple months. I may build a hoop house over the large bed to keep them going through our mild winter. We shall see. Fam is good, missing mamma for sure but they are managing fine. Hope all is well with you, I will have something coming your way real soon buddy! ;)

MELISSA, good to see and hear from you! Your grow continues to do great I see. Yeah that work thing kinda gets in the way of the important stuff now and then. Lol.
Anyways great update, glad to see you're still kickin' it!!

Emon

Emoney!! :P Grow is still pushing along even in my absence, auto pilot mode right now! You know work wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to commute 45-1hr each way plus overtime on occasion, love my job but the drive sure does suck! Hope all is well with your grow, you should be getting some pods set by now! Best of luck with the rest of your season!

Wow, Melissa, you are taking it to a whole new level! Always
enjoy seeing what's going at your place. You have some
amazing plants, and your garden jungle is just too awesome.

Looks like you are going to go all the way to Christmas pulling
pods. How cool is that? I hope that you aren't too stressed out
with work, fam, and garden! It's all good, but it would be nice
to have some more hours in the day! I can see you are really
enjoying your grow!

Thanks for dropping in and the kind words Paul, I do appreciate it! I have been really fortunate this year, hit plenty of hiccups along the way but with as many plants as I started I was able to pull out ahead. Still have some pest issues along my fence line due to neighbors plants, luckily it is isolated to those areas and not spreading throughout my entire yard. Super hot chile sprays have helped a whole lot, bugs don't like that super heat! :P

I should have no problem harvesting all the way to December, fingers crossed! No complaints here, for my first year of growing at this level I think it has turned out great. It is hard to juggle everything right now, work, kids, hubby, plants. A good 6 hours more in a day would be awesome! 2hrs of commuting every day and 9+ hours in the office sure does take a toll on you, get home and the little ones demand my attention! Love my job though so it's all worth it in the end, just wish I had more "me" time. My company is looking in to moving, it would cut down my commute time if they do so fingers crossed! For now I just gotta suck it up and keep trucking along. Hope all is well Paul, take care!

JUST A FEW MORE PICS FOR YOU GUYS ;)

Scaryyyyy
IMG_5183_zpsd69cfa06.jpg

My chocolate scotch is loaded again and the pods are getting much larger time
IMG_5181_zps2fe4321d.jpg

The perfect scorp?
IMG_5180_zpsbca693dd.jpg

IMG_5178_zpsdfbaf4b0.jpg

Tobago scotch is always loaded down with pods!
IMG_5153_zpsff6c0dd8.jpg

My yellow 7's
IMG_5152_zps818fe142.jpg

This was suppose to be a Primo, turned orange instead! It was the only pod I have been able to get off this plant, hoping it sets some more for me!
IMG_5002_zps1968f353.jpg

Hey, Missy! Hope your company move comes through. Pretty sucky
to have to devote 11 hours a day to work and commuting. Might be worth
it for a nice six figure salary, but it would be a close call!

Pods look stunning as always. That first one looks like it needs some acne medication!

Hey, Missy! Hope your company move comes through. Pretty sucky
to have to devote 11 hours a day to work and commuting. Might be worth
it for a nice six figure salary, but it would be a close call!

Pods look stunning as always. That first one looks like it needs some acne medication!

Thanks Paul!! :D

BOOOOO!!!

I know I suck at updating lately, never enough time in a day for me! Will work on it this weekend :)

MEANWHILE.....have to post a shot of the loot I scored at the Maximum Yield show in Long Beach last weekend. My brother and I both got the same amount, freebies galore! Going to keep me real busy this winter, best part is 90% of the products are organic/omri cert, SCORE!! It was one hell of a workout carrying all this around, had to make two trips and still didn't get to hit up every supplier there!

IMG_5208.jpg

Oh and for anyone interested in sauces/pods check out my ad in the hot peppers/seeds forum.
IMG_5215.jpg

http://thehotpepper....-sauce-package/

Happy Friday everyone, hope you all have a great weekend! :D

Melissa

Glad you made it to the Maximum Yield show LB! Couldn't make it to the west coast this year for the SF show, but it always worth while. Just finished catching up on your GLOG, overly impressive as always. Please let me know your thoughts on the product/ samples you picked up, in case we are missing something ... Regards, Chris

That's quite a haul! You will have to go pro all the way to use all that up!
I'm going over to check out your ad.

How come I can't see your pics??? Grrrrrr! I know they're great...can't see the ones on your sale thread either :mope:

Figured it out!!! Nice! Good to see you're still cooking!

Holy #R%%$#E that's a lot of swag!

I've been going to the wrong trade shows all these years, I should have been going to the hydro shows.

I have a couple tropical plant expos coming up soon that i may just skip and go to the hydro shows instead.

Glad you made it to the Maximum Yield show LB! Couldn't make it to the west coast this year for the SF show, but it always worth while. Just finished catching up on your GLOG, overly impressive as always. Please let me know your thoughts on the product/ samples you picked up, in case we are missing something ... Regards, Chris

Thanks Chris, I appreciate it! Those shows are really geared towards the mary jane growers but I can utilize all of that for the peppers. One of the items I really wanted to try and got samples for is the insect frass & sea green. I keep hearing about how great both those products are but didn't want to shell out the cash to try it out. I seriously will never ever miss this show, the amount of products I walked away with would have cost me a fortune! The best part is admission was free as well, so gas is all it cost me to attend. I will update the log as I try some of these goodies out :) Thanks for stopping in!

That's quite a haul! You will have to go pro all the way to use all that up!
I'm going over to check out your ad.

Nice score indeed! I wanted to try out cloning this year so now I have plenty supplies to give it a go!

nice hall!!

Thanks Joe!

How come I can't see your pics??? Grrrrrr! I know they're great...can't see the ones on your sale thread either :mope:

Figured it out!!! Nice! Good to see you're still cooking!

Thanks Shane! Still trucking along, hoping to keep the season going thru the winter. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. I think I may actually have a free moment this weekend to catch up on everyone's glogs! :)

Holy #R%%$#E that's a lot of swag!

I've been going to the wrong trade shows all these years, I should have been going to the hydro shows.

I have a couple tropical plant expos coming up soon that i may just skip and go to the hydro shows instead.

I hesitated to go because of the drive and time involved to get there, but when they offered free admission it was a no brainer! I already knew some of the suppliers that were going to be there had products I was dying to try. Next hydro show out your way I highly reccomend going! :D

Hey, girl! Glad to hear you are going to try
cloning! Can't wait to see the fun!

Holy Crap!! Huge score at the expo Melissa!! That oughtta be enough nutes and such for a week or two huh? Lol. Let me know next time there's another and I'll drive down definitely!

E

Holy Crap!! Huge score at the expo Melissa!! That oughtta be enough nutes and such for a week or two huh? Lol. Let me know next time there's another and I'll drive down definitely!

E

Nah it will probably last a month emoney! :P They have it every year so I will give you a heads up next year, definitely worth the trip! BTW, your package went out yesterday, delivery should be tomorrow. :D

UPDATE - JUST A FEW PICS FOR YOU GUYS, HOPEFULLY MORE TO FOLLOW THIS WEEKEND! HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A GREAT WEEK! ;)

El oro de equador loaded with pods, this plant is almost 6'!
IMG_5235.jpg

Cajamarca
IMG_5236.jpg

Yellow scorps, yesssssss!
IMG_5239.jpg

My first ripe Brainnnnn
IMG_5240.jpg

Large bed still rocking!
IMG_5242.jpg

Look at the base of this plant in my large bed! Worms must be doing a great job below the surface :)
IMG_5243.jpg

IMG_5246.jpg

Just a few babies, see I have been busy! :P A couple of these babies are Reapers, big thanks to Denniz for hooking me up with a few seeds!
IMG_5248.jpg

Some of the larger babies. Seeds from SS's pods, got the BB varieties, choco scorps, choco bhut & bahamian goat I believe. The two taller ones in the back are smokemaster's tree habxscorp cross.
IMG_5251.jpg

Nice update, Melissa plants are looking healthy! That is a big fat tail on the Brainstrain :lol: Have you tasted the El oro de equador yet, I'm thinking of having it next season but I'm curious about the flavor...

Back