• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Mexican Hot Sauces

Recently my Mom went to Mexico and Guatamala. Before she left she asked if there was anything I would like so naturally I requested some hot sauce from the area. She did not disappoint me at all! I now have 5 different types of hot sauces from the area. They are full of heat yet have a great flavor as well. Much better than the typical "generic" hot sauces we have here in the US. I am sure these are "generic" for the area yet these are just pretty good. I am sure that most of the chili head sauce makers and lovers will not like this as good as their own but I think they would even appreciate them just a little.

These are 2 of the 5 sauces I have and at the moment the only 2 I have tried for now.
2643kbd.jpg

Very cool Brian.

Save a little for when you guys come up and visit the zoo, we'll do some grilling and sample them on some beef! Or maybe pork. Or quite possibly chicken. Bah, we'll think of something.

I acquired (and tasted) both of those sauces while down in the Yucatan peninsula last summer. They were good, but many that I brought back were better. I had great luck with the brand named "Chimay". One brand, "Mr. Pikante" was actually really good too, despite the corny name and cheap plastic bottle.

nothing better than a friend or relative bring you a couple of sauces back from there trip.

nothing worse that getting a tshirt from a friend or relative back from there trip!!

I had the "mayan kut" salsa from marin products. My girlfriend brought that and the mister picante sauce in the plastic bottle back from her cruise to mexico. The mayan style kut salasa is pretty much just diced habaneros with a pinch of onion in vinegar. And it kicks ass. Actually is pretty hot and very tasty, unfortunately i just got small bottle and my attempts at finding more around here have been unsuccessful.

I'll post pics when i get home

I bought a couple from a local store.... Salsa Valentino (or something like that) they really weren't that hot or tasty, but they did the job. the hotter version was at least least hotter than Tabasco so...all was not lost...:rolleyes:

Back