• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Mexicans, Cubans, Porta..oh heck anybody from south of USA

The only ubiquitous chile in all mercados in Mejico in which I have been are chilacas, poblanos, serranos, arboles, Xalapas and manzanos.

I have never seen chilacas or manzanos in upstate NY.

The only ubiquitous chile in all mercados in Mejico in which I have been are chilacas, poblanos, serranos, arboles, Xalapas and manzanos.

I have never seen chilacas or manzanos in upstate NY.

It's amazing the regional variety within the States, too, isn't it?

I can get every one of those here in Austin at two supermarkets + a few others (habaneros, cubanelles). Although the arboles and manzanos might not be year-round.

It's amazing the regional variety within the States, too, isn't it?

I can get every one of those here in Austin at two supermarkets + a few others (habaneros, cubanelles). Although the arboles and manzanos might not be year-round.

this...

i'm just glad that habañero's don't cost as much as before... but manzano is sometimes $10/lbs...

this...

i'm just glad that habañero's don't cost as much as before... but manzano is sometimes $10/lbs...

There's no enye in habanero. ;) BTW, since I just figured this out, if you have a laptop that doesn't have a dedicated number pad and has certain letters that double as letters and number pad, just hit the number lock key and then do the alt + 164 thing on the integrated number pad.

Orange manzanos are sold in Mexican markets here for about $5. They come in packages with about 6-7 medium sized ones, which I'm guessing is probably about a lb. I think I recall them being labeled with the weight usually something like 1.12 lbs.

Mexicans use a lot more dried peppers than fresh, but they always ask me for fresh chiltepin much more than any other pepper. Even the non-chile head ones seem to have a lot of interest in the fresh chiltepins when I have them.

I think Puerto Ricans would probably want aji dulce for making recaito or sofrito.

There's no enye in habanero. ;) BTW, since I just figured this out, if you have a laptop that doesn't have a dedicated number pad and has certain letters that double as letters and number pad, just hit the number lock key and then do the alt + 164 thing on the integrated number pad..

ascii is simple... i used to write ascii type programs back in the punter/aol1.0 days... so i remember most codes for ñé¿â˜ºâ˜»♥♦♣♠¥ƒâ‚§ûα° and a bunch of others... i kinda explained it in the first page...

and i thought there was an ñ in habanero... hmm... my spanish is horrible...

Back