• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

shopping Mexico City/Puebla chiles

Hello! Like many of you out there, I am always looking for chiles when I travel. This summer I'll be in Mexico City and Puebla. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for chiles I should look for seed wise in the markets? I will take some of anything that interests me, but I thought I'd throw this out to see if anyone had any ideas.

Thanks in advance!

Hello! Like many of you out there, I am always looking for chiles when I travel. This summer I'll be in Mexico City and Puebla. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for chiles I should look for seed wise in the markets? I will take some of anything that interests me, but I thought I'd throw this out to see if anyone had any ideas.

Thanks in advance!
Remember the dried stuff is also mostly goog for planting. I taste-test. I like, I plant.

Remember the dried stuff is also mostly goog for planting. I taste-test. I like, I plant.

I am always interested in Mexican Heirloom peppers, however I believe many Mexican farmers are using Hybrids today.
You can still find the small farmer who uses heirloom seeds, but it's getting harder.
I have some seeds arriving the 22 by hand delivery. Going to be interesting to see what there is.

I am always interested in Mexican Heirloom peppers, however I believe many Mexican farmers are using Hybrids today.
You can still find the small farmer who uses heirloom seeds, but it's getting harder.
That's what I'd like to find too. I'll look into smaller markets. I wish I could get in touch with someone at the university to see if I could ask some questions.

Back