• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MGOLD86's GLOG, of sorts. NEW Billy Boy Douglah Review!

baeb2f3f.jpg

With that being said,
welcome.gif
to my grow log.

As a disclaimer, if you came here to learn how to grow peppers the right way, you might as well leave. Also, if you get easily offended, send all hatemail to Romy6. Thx. If you are looking for a pro log …… click http://www.thehotpep...al-discussion/. If you want meticulous notes, and updates like clockwork, click http://www.thehotpep...hot-grow-2012/.

For those of you who are still here, I’m Matt, and you can call me that. That or homie, bro, chief, man, buddy, or Javier. This is season number 2 and last year was a disaster. Somewhere between scouring the web to find out why all my plants couldn’t break the 2 foot mark I ran across this forum, and bam, hooked. I started gathering seeds in June and got them in dirt (or coffee filters) today.

Here is my list:

Scorps:
ButchT- Pepper lover/Chad S 3
Red TScorp-AJ 3
Yellow TScorp-Brian 3
TScorp Marouga-Pepper Lover 3

Indian:
Red Bhut-Pepper Lover 3
Assam Bhut Indian Carbon- Pepper Lover 3
Giant Red Bhut-PGM 3
Choc Bhut-PGM 3
Peach Bhut-Aji Joe 3
Naga Morich- Brian 3

7's:
Yellow 7: THSC 3
White 7: Pepper Lover 3
Jonah: Pepper Lover 3
Primo: Pepper Lover 3
Barrakpore: Pepper Lover 3
Douglah: THSC 3
Brain Strain: CMPMAN 3
Yellow Brain Strain: Pepper Lover 3
Infinity: Wouter 3

Habs:
Red Savina-Pepper Lover 3
Red Hab- Pepper Lover 3
Orange Hab- Pepper Lover 3

Crosses:
Naga x 7 Pot-Chad 3
Peach Habalokia-Aji Joe 3
Red Scorpanero #2-Aji Joe 3
Yellow Habalokia-Aji Joe 3

Others:
Fatalii-Pepper Lover 3
Trinidad Perfume-Pepper Lover 3
Tabago Seasoning-Pepper Lover 3
Aji Yellow-Aji Joe 3
Inca Red Drop-Kevin 3
Maui Purple- Kevin 3

Medium:

Biker Billy Jal- Burpee 0
Cayenne- Burpee 0

Mild/Sweet:

Joe E. Parker- HM 0
Red Bell Orion F1- HM 0
Yellow Bell Catriona- HM 0

For background on my set up with plenty of pics and commentary click http://www.thehotpep...-now-with-pics/ basically, I have a 5x5x7 growtent with a 600w MH.
8cb5f8e2.jpg

I am planting via 2 methods, coffee filter and direct sow. I want to eventually plant out 1 of each variety so I sowed 3 seeds. I soaked my seeds last night in water and planted 1 in a tray of Hoffman’s Seed Starter (thanks Ronnie),
fe6e7491.jpg

and the other two I stuck in coffee filters and plastic bags. So EVERYONE is aware, this method is not a quick one. Consider yourself warned.
b28bda4d.jpg

When I finished planting/bagging everything, I stuck it in my tent which maintains about 81-84 and we shall keep our fingers crossed.

d3223e2c.jpg

parting shot
7464807f.jpg

Now it is time to PWN some 12 year olds in MW3. Peace!

What's up friends!!!!!!! I am super excited this morning. Got up early to head into work for a whopping 45 minutes, got a nice late' on the way home, and played with the little one before his nap. I think what started me on this path of general "happiness" is the fact that AGAIN, despite the CRAP going on in "Hot Pepper Talk" threads, two members shot me pkgs of amazingness! Thanks Steve and Dan! Kindness at its finest!

From Steve and Ed:
file-43.jpg

From Dave:
file-45.jpg

Dave sent over some AWESOME looking sauce. The "MARSOC" X2, which is hot reds and cranberry, and the SEVEN which is yellow 7s with Patron anjeo! WOOHOOO PAT-RON!!!!! He also sent over some pods. The Impact is below and it looks, smells, and tastes a lot like the naga/bhuts. Really cool pimpling and VERY strong smell.
file-49.jpg

Steve, standbyandfire, shot me over an awesome pkg of pods from Nagacanario (Ed)'s garden.

You are not dreaming, this thing is the size of a freaking lemon. Amazing. I am still on the boat that this pod is probably the hottest thing out there. Eating one of these things whole is just asking for a week of pain and a lifetime of hellish memories.
file-37.jpg

I was super stoked to get one of these. I have had TSMBs in the past, but NONE have ever looked as good as this one. Also, this is the "Satan's Strain", so, yea, dayyuuum!
file-38.jpg

My Brain Strains this season were mutated. A bit, ill-tempered maybe? All they need is some lasers attached to their heads. Anyways, this is just about a perfect looking pod.
file-40.jpg

And for all those out there that still think they are the same, trust me, they are not. I decided to sample the both of them since I had em next to each other. I popped about a 1/4 of the brain while I was deseeding and preppin the rest, and it was funny, almost immediately I got the hiccups. It had a nice taste, but the heat was quick and went away fairly quickly. BUT, the hiccups stayed for about 15. When they went away and the heat and taste went away, I popped about the same size of the TSMB Satan's, and where the heat from the brain went away quickly, this one kept going. No hiccups, but damn, it was hot.
file-38.jpg

file-40.jpg
file-41.jpg

The top is the brain, bottom TSMB
file-47.jpg

Can I get a BUMP??

Yeah, a pimply bump, those peps look amazing. That 7 pot brown looks deadly, I'd have a copy of my will in hand and be right with God before I'd eat it.
They all look purrty; )

Back later for responses, here are the rest of the snaps.

Inside of the 7 Brown
file-48.jpg

TS Brown
file-42.jpg

file-39.jpg

And finally after almost 2 weeks, my pods are dry!
file-46.jpg

Gonna probably crush them up, cuz I have a bunch of powder. Flakes will be a welcomed addition to the "hot box" :)

thsoe are some great pods and gifts! that goes to show that there are still good people here that are all about the hobby! message me your address and i will send ya a care package

i actually make a more pepper flake rather than a fine powder. i like the flake consistancy better

Quick question how did your Infinity turn out?
I have one that is starting to turn and it looks like yours, i got mine from AjJoe along with the Red Scorpanero #2 and those are amazing one plant they turn red the other plant they turn brown and the other plant they turn peach and the last plant i had a white all from the same seeds.
If i had one small wish dealing with peppers i would wish for a longer season as i have a lot of green and no color and time running out.
Vic

Matt another awesome harvest and shots I am adding the 7 pot jonah yellow to my list for next season so I will stash some seeds for you. Spikey Naga Morich that is awesome my not 7 pod primo red is doing the same thing. Great season you had this year buddy

Thanks Fernando, I appreciate it! I am really lovin those spikes, I see them on a handful of pods. I was lucky that it ripened before I headed out, so I was able to pull seeds. We shall see next time around if it does the same.

Yup Ditto Fernando. Great harvest as usual. Good luck and stay safe. I ate the delicious Assam in honor of your deployment and safe return. DAMN THAT THING WAS HOTTTTT. I admit I ate half of a half with food. But still. Good God Almighty it was hot. Sheesh. But it was GOOOODDDDDDD. I couldnt stop eating it. ahaaaaa My mouth gave out on me Damn Judas, and I had to baggie the rest for later. oh well.. Another day another pod. Stay safe and dont forget the wet ones... :onfire: :onfire:

Thanks Pia. No worries about baggin and taggin! That thing is a monster, I am surprised you got more than a few bites in!

Wow Matt another blunt of peppers. You have some really great plants there and when you keep them happy they keep you in peppers. That Nags Morich is both beautiful and terrible cause you know its going to hurt you. Love the spikiness and man that's a great Color. I can just see a sauce that shade. Nice.
v

Thanks Bill. I learned a TON from readin through the threads here, especially PepperGuru's. I was using a lot of synthetics during the beginning of the season, but once I made the switch everything took off. I am definitely going with mother nature in the future!

Now that was a nice harvest

Thanks Jeff!

Yeah, a pimply bump, those peps look amazing. That 7 pot brown looks deadly, I'd have a copy of my will in hand and be right with God before I'd eat it.
They all look purrty; )
LOL! Thanks for stoppin in! It IS deadly. It is definitely getting grown next time around. Everyone that has tried it, has said the same, it is a freaking monster.

Great lookin' pods ya got there Matt. That TSMB Satan's strain does look mean.

Thanks SS! Yea, it definitely had a bite to it! Are you growing it this year?

thsoe are some great pods and gifts! that goes to show that there are still good people here that are all about the hobby! message me your address and i will send ya a care package

i actually make a more pepper flake rather than a fine powder. i like the flake consistancy better

Thanks! Hellz yea man, there are still a few good ones! I also seem to like the flakes a ton. It has those little explosions of heat, which are always fun! I will shoot over my addy once I get it. Thanks!

Quick question how did your Infinity turn out?
I have one that is starting to turn and it looks like yours, i got mine from AjJoe along with the Red Scorpanero #2 and those are amazing one plant they turn red the other plant they turn brown and the other plant they turn peach and the last plant i had a white all from the same seeds.
If i had one small wish dealing with peppers i would wish for a longer season as i have a lot of green and no color and time running out.
Vic

Hey Vic, thanks for stopping in! My Infinities seem to have settled into the brain-ish/TSMB shape. I had a few elongated pods at the beginning, but now they are spitting out pretty uniformed pods. They are scorching hot and the plant is enormous. They took a long time to produce a decent amount of pods, it was more ones and twos for a while, now towards the end they are putting out about a dozen or so. I am with you on the season wish! I think everyone could use another few months of pepper weather!

That 7 pod brown just looks down right nasty. The oils are thick Jedi master :drooling:

It is gnarly. If there is a pod that is gonna kill ya, this may be it!

I got a package in the mail today from Matt

Bhut Jolokia x2, BJ Chocolate, BJ Peach, Douglah, 7Pod Jonah x2, 7Pod Barrackpore x2, 7Pod Original x2,
Red Scorpanero #2, Butch T x2, 7Pod Mystery, Naga Morich, Assam Bhut Indian Carbon

P8310041.jpg

Thanks Matt :cheers:

No problem Jeff, I am glad you like them! Thanks for being an active part of the log and following my madness!

SS, Check your PMs, we may be able to fix that... :)

Matt, used 2 of your peppers last night. Take a look in the Hot Sauce forum. the rest will be used this weekend as they go into a Fermentation jar. When you get back I'll show you all about it. BTW, I have a couple of more things to send you r way but I'll have to wait a bit to send them so you'll get them in country. One you may have to tell ole mess Daddy to get some pork loins of a nice piece of steak for you to enjoy.

Hey Bill, PORK LOINS AND STEAK ARE ON THE MENU! If not, then they WILL BE!

Well, I guess the garden didn't get the memo...it is still producing more than I could have ever thought of. It is really interesting to see the varieties that are just now starting to produce, and the others that are stopping. Some of the strains, like the Douglah and Douglah cross, are now spitting out TONS of pods. Also, the Bonda and Scotch Bonnet are crazy producing!

Anyways, enough rambling, time for some pics.

TS Ronnie
file-50.jpg

TS Judy
file-51.jpg

7 Pot Jonah...my fav!
file-52.jpg

BJ Yellow
file-53.jpg

7 Pot Original Strain
file-55.jpg

file-56.jpg

Douglah X BJ Red
file-57.jpg

Infinity
file-58.jpg

Doogie
file-59.jpg

Bonda ma Jaques
file-60.jpg

DAMN! 10 pics on the nose! Gotta love that!

Thanks Denniz and Ausmith! I appreciate you stopping in.

I get all "endorphine brain" when I eat the peppers and like to ramble. I decided a while back, that if I am gonna ramble and take up tape, I might as well do something informative...

Thanks for sticking through it!

Thanks Jeff!

So I have been in the lab all day...Check out my newest creation: SUPER CHEETAH

file-21.jpg

file-22.jpg

Really happy with how it turned out. It has a nice and subtle fruity flavor, with that KICK you want. Gonna go great on pork or chicken, or skrimps!

Not the hottest, but I wasn't going for that. My last one, NO TRUCKS, really smacks you in the tail. I wanted this one to be more approachable for the more faint of heart!

Back