• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pics micro-harvest: three pics

For some reason, I'm the only person I know who grows Mariachis. They're good! Here's some I tugged off the plant yesterday:

harvest1.jpg

Some red mushrooms. I was expecting these to taste better than they did. They don't. I would go as far as to call these "ornamentals" as opposed to "food"

harvest2.jpg

(L to r) 2 Italian Roaster II's (fan-effing-tastic), 2 Jimmy Nardallos, 2 more Mariachis, a few jals and serranos, and a grand Marconi. The IR II's are my favorite new find of the season. I will be growing a boatload of them next year.

harvest3.jpg

For some reason, I'm the only person I know who grows Mariachis. They're good! Here's some I tugged off the plant yesterday:

I've got two. Haven't seen the one at my mom's house in a while, but the one I've got is in bad shape. Hope it recovers for a fall harvest. Glad to hear you like them.

Edit: forgot to say the red mushrooms look nice, the other pictures didn't show up for me.

pics fixed. I think Mrs. Mega was in there moving pics around in our photobucket account and squashed some of my forum-to-pic links LOL

The elderly man who lives behind me found a "hanging bag" at a garden center that had 3 mariachi plants in it and I stole a ripe pod from him (he actually gave it to me, but he and I are always inspecting the garden in each others yard) and actually enjoyed it, so I saved the seeds and will grow it next year. The squash type pepper, is it a Jamaican Red Hot? Looks like the pods on my plant that is marked that, they are just turning red, so I can finally try them.

The squash type pepper, is it a Jamaican Red Hot?

I believe you are probably referring to the "Red Mushroom" pepper in picture # 2? There are a few types of the mushroom pepper - yellow, red, etc. It's very cool looking, but the taste is a sour-y habanero taste, not nearly as good as any of the fragrant habs. To me, it is an ornamental.

Back