• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Micro nutrition to help seed germinate with a higher rate

i had a problem greminating super hot seed two years ago. I found a product call Ecovie. It's a micro nutrient that can be used from seed germ to spraying plants. Was not convinced until I talked to August the inventor of the product. After talking for an hour about growing, ph I thought he sound like he new what he was talking about. I purchased a bottle. Ran a seed germ
Test with the baggie method with 100 seeds in 9 parts h2o and 1 part Ecovie. 100 in a h2o. 95 percent for Ecovie 75 percent h2o. I know there other variables but I want use any thing else. With in 5 days at 85 degrees F they started to sprout. Nothing on water till the 9th day. It took longer to get all to sprout. Check his product out it works or call him. Hope you don't think this newbie's crazy but it worked for me. 96strat

:welcome: to THP and Greetings from the Metrolina of North Carolina !

Andrew -  thanks for joining from the start as an Extreme Member    :clap: .........

I usually start seeds by watering with a couple of teaspoons of worm castings per gallon of water.

:welcome: from South Carolina

In general the cure for stuck shells etc. is fresh seeds.
Only seeds I mess with are usually older seeds that I think the embryo looses some of it's goodies from age and runs out of gas before it gets to grow or whatever.
With fresh seeds I see no noticable difference in germination between treated seeds and using just water.
Once a seed germinates I do see a weak fert or whatever as being helpful for faster growth etc.
Strong lighting helps a lot too.

I think it depends on your seed source...

Back