• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Mid-summer Chile Pepper Pics

Here are some pics I have been meaning to throw on here for a week or so. My friend who lives about an hour away usually grows 9-12 plants I have left over every spring in his small garden, and they always seem to do really well. From what I can tell, all he adds to the soil is coffee grinds and wood ash from his fireplace over the winter. I gave them a dose of worm castings and bone meal when we planted them out, and then a dose of fish ferts a month or so ago, and I will probably visit this afternoon and spread some tomato tone for one final feeding this season.

The Pepper Patch
2r2sq51.jpg

Fatalis - This plant is only about a foot tall, but it's about 2 1/2 feet wide and has tons of pods
2qb9hqt.jpg

Bhuts - Another plant loaded with big pods
2wp11na.jpg

Bhut Closeup - Almost 4 1/2 inches long!!!
zyeyc3.jpg

Handfull of Bhuts from a single node
25u5su8.jpg

White Bullet Habanero
2j4txxz.jpg

Tabasco Jungle
bfggvb.jpg

Tabasco on the corner, Chocolate Habanero below it, and Bhut to the left
5vwvas.jpg

plants looking great djs...you got a whole lotta heat going on..

UPDATE: So here are some selected pics of chile pepper pods I brought back from my friend's house this weekend. The ones I grow in my 5 gallon buckets just don't compare, even though they come from the same seed stock. Good thing he cant handle the heat, which means i get all the pods :hell: But I really do need to get a place where I can have a real garden next year.

I munched on quite a few peppers over the last 36 hours, so I am anticipating a solid colon cleanse soon. I also realized that I don't find fatalis crazy hot, but they have a really nice, fresh, fruity flavor. Every once in a while, a white habanero will put me on my ass for 10 minutes, and tabascos are no pushovers, but nothing really compares to the bhut...puts me in my place every time for at least a solid 20, milk or no milk.

Family Photo #1:
21dqt00.jpg

Family Photo #2:
2hqtp9t.jpg

Bhut Close-up:
2w1xkdf.jpg

Back