• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

middle east peppers

My neibors who let me grow in their yard are Syrian so I figure I should find some hots or super hot seeds from that neck of the woods, also know a few iranians.

any suggestions on what to grow from the mid east?

Aleppo is used in a lot of Syrian dishes.

Awfully strange language you speak there sir! I have no idea why this would be a tough find being its a cultural pepper not uncommon...but like i said google come up with crushed seeds. I guess i can get some and a little glue and pop, a whole seed lol

my suggestion would be just grow cayennes...its a lot easier...if an Allepo is a Syrian Cayenne...find a picture of what the Allepo looks like then grow some cayennes that look like it...cayenne = cayenne = cayenne...

after googling "allepo pepper seeds" somebody on a rival forum said that the seeds were not available so they can keep the price up...

:rofl: check this link out from 2010...

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/19071-aleppo-pepper-seeds/

my suggestion would be just grow cayennes...its a lot easier...if an Allepo is a Syrian Cayenne...find a picture of what the Allepo looks like then grow some cayennes that look like it...cayenne = cayenne = cayenne...

after googling "allepo pepper seeds" somebody on a rival forum said that the seeds were not available so they can keep the price up...

:rofl: check this link out from 2010...

http://thehotpepper....o-pepper-seeds/

Yea!!!!!

Cayenne is a great chile!!!! One of my favorites to grow so far. They finish quik and are easy to grow. Nothing close to super hots but they are quite hot!! Makes the best wing sauce!!!!

Funny when google just brings you back here ;)

One of my friends was born in Iran and I believe her parents still frequently visit... she mentioned recently that she had a bag of dried mystery peppers that her parents brought her, completely forgot about it until now, hmm...

But yeah, any Cayenne would probably work just fine. Rarely do I try two peppers of the same species with a similar habit and find myself blown away by the difference in flavor, it's usually more subtle. For 95% of the population, I doubt they'd notice if you switch their peppers for a similar variety, especially if it's cooked into something.

Don't know if it is a cayenne just that one site says it.

Funny when google just brings you back here ;)

hey boss...you shouldn't be surprized...when you created this site, you made a home for a bunch of us growers and if I have a pepper question, I search and read on THP even before googling...

***by the way, you just caught up and passed me in post count...now you are number 2....will we ever catch Paulky?***

I'm pretty confident in the resourcefulness of this community...

I'd place my luck on some Aleppos showing up much sooner than later.

Yea!!!!!

Cayenne is a great chile!!!! One of my favorites to grow so far. They finish quik and are easy to grow. Nothing close to super hots but they are quite hot!! Makes the best wing sauce!!!!
Here I must disagree Douglah makes the best wing sauce : D

hey boss...you shouldn't be surprized...when you created this site, you made a home for a bunch of us growers and if I have a pepper question, I search and read on THP even before googling...

***by the way, you just caught up and passed me in post count...now you are number 2....will we ever catch Paulky?***

You passed me again ;)

Back