• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

MiLK_MaN's grow update

Been a while since I put some pics up. I've been able to harvest a few chillies, but they've been pretty small as we had a real mild weather patch with temps struggling to get above 20C for almost 2 weeks. Good news is, hot weather is on its way.

Quad stack pot - There's things I like and don't like about this pot, I suspect it's probably better suited to small compact varieties

DSC01819.JPG

Fatalii pods

DSC01820.JPG

Hungarian Hot Wax pods

DSC01821.JPG

The plant lineup

DSC01822.JPG

7 pot pods - bit small because of the coolish weather

DSC01823.JPG

Asian Birdseye pods - man there's a bazillion of these

DSC01824.JPG

Bhut Jolokia pods

DSC01827.JPG

The other lineup of pots

DSC01828.JPG

The Manzano's, Rocoto and Goats Weed

DSC01829.JPG

There's a garden competition at our local council for best edible garden, with bonus points for rare varieties. Apparently the quality of the produce is also judged on, be funny if they had to try the chillies ;)

MrOneEyedBoh said:
nice peppers and WHOA alot of pots you have there. Are you located in like Cali or something?

Melbourne, Australia my friend. As Seinfeld once said on a tour here, we are the ass end of the world ;)

MilkMan,

Still starting seeds and getting others ready to transplant to bigger pots?

Looks great, guy. Hopefully, you'll have a very late frost.

Mike

You aussies don't f around when it comes to growing peppers. Looks like you're going to have more than you know what to do with. Those things have grown a lot.

Can you get a better pic of that goats weed?

wordwiz said:
MilkMan,

Still starting seeds and getting others ready to transplant to bigger pots?

Looks great, guy. Hopefully, you'll have a very late frost.

Mike

Got some seeds late from Fatalii. Most are pubescens, so are frost tolerant, so don't mind them being so late in the season.

Frost shouldn't arrive in Melbourne until at least May, should give me plenty of time for some big harvests hopefully.

great looking plants! I remember you talking about those stackable pots, I thought you were gonna put small plants in them, why the change ?

Oh man, that thing looks awesome. Such a gorgeous plant, I love how hairy it is.

Mine just broke the soil this morning as i was sleeping. Can't wait :)

Getting close to the end of summer, plants have grown real well, but havent been able to harvest a whole lot of pods.

Im experimenting with a new fertiliser that I stumbled across on google, its called Nutrisoil (http://www.nutrisoil.com.au). I'm going to use it on 5 selected plants and see if there's any difference. I only started this today, so will see how it goes.

Here are some updated pics:

DSC01884.JPG

DSC01885.JPG

DSC01887.JPG

DSC01888.JPG

And yes, the Goats Weed has actually gone higher than the fence line

those look like they have grown well for you this year MM...if yours do like mine did this past season, they will start producing like mad once your temps start to cool off a bit...

Back