• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Minion's 2010 peppers

first year using my new setup :onfire:

(most of my plants were killed by grub worms, in the soil i bought)

heres what i'm growin:
fatalii

and a few varieties i got from origamiRN:
red fresno - their soil didn't seem to have as many worms
long serranos - killed off by grub worms
giant jalapeno - killed off by grub worms
red jalapeno - killed off by grub worms
green jalapeno - killed off by grub worms

got some jalapeno seeds from bahaman - 2 are growing

2010p001.jpg

2010p002.jpg

the ones in the small container on the left, are red fresno (they were hiding from me in the envelope, and i almost ended up throwing them away)

then the fatalii
in the middle are the bell peppers
and on the right are the jalapenos

Nice setup!

How far is that light from the top of the plants? It looks like it's 6+ inches...I've had my best luck keeping it about 1 inch off the top of the plants. Thicker growth and a higher survival rate when they get moved outside.

ThePepperGrowingMan said:
Nice setup!

How far is that light from the top of the plants? It looks like it's 6+ inches...I've had my best luck keeping it about 1 inch off the top of the plants. Thicker growth and a higher survival rate when they get moved outside.

yea i usually have it as close as it can without touching the dome, i just have it raised for the pics cuz there was a glare

Minion §1 said:
yea i usually have it as close as it can without touching the dome, i just have it raised for the pics cuz there was a glare

I thought about that right after I posted...because I did the same when I posted my pics a couple weeks back. Good luck with your grow, looks like you're off to a good start. Hopefully we have a real summer in the midwest this year, not like last year...

most of my peppers were killed by grub worms, in the soil i bought :(

this is a red fresno, and is 1 of the survivors
rfr001.jpg

it was growing a bit leggy, so it's roots ended up at the bottem of the cup when i transplanted it, and i just burried it from there...
and as a result, it has a bunch of roots comming out the bottem, and a lot of dirt that it's yet to use above it's roots

i fear this could cause drainage problems; should i do anything about this?
rfr002.jpg

just transplanted my plants last night into some pots

2 on left are red fresno
1 in middle is a fatalii
2 on right are jalapeno
peppers3-16-10001.jpg

redfresno.jpg

fatalii.jpg

jalapeno.jpg

Back